Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trashy park program

craigV3

Any good trashy park programs out there? I dug a ton of crown caps today.. Coming in at 83-85... Sound amazing, then I see what they are, kind of a bummer...

Thanks!!
"Z"

Try the xy screen thats accesed through the options menu you will never dig another cap without knowing it first im new to the deus but it will be the only screen I will look at while hunting it gives loads of info and you dont have to think about numbers again. I was running the gmax stock program and pulling lots out of the trash at an old park and 90% of the trash I dug I knew it was trash. I found 3 rings yesterday and tons of change at a trashy beach two of the rings were gold and big enough that they will be paying for a 13" coil this week. Today at a trashy park I was pulling goods from thick trash and I found 4 more rings. To bad they were all junk. I just got the deus last Thursday and I am scratching my head as to why no one else is using this screen. I guess leave it to the new guy to figure out new and exciting ways of using the deus. Ive heard on the forums people saying that it will not help a hunt but I don't think they have actually tryed to hunt with the screen. Try it for one hunt and you will be hooked. Good luck

is this an easter egg, or is it documented somewhere by xp? i've read the manual and all the material on the xp page, but i could have easily missed it there's so much to take in.

any chance of posting an image of this xy screen? i can't get to my machine to try this for a couple of days.

thanks, /guy

craigV3 said:
Any good trashy park programs out there? I dug a ton of crown caps today.. Coming in at 83-85... Sound amazing, then I see what they are, kind of a bummer...

Thanks!!
"Z"

If there is no iron close to the crown tops if you slowly work the coil back you will get the iron buzz on the edge of the cap. Also if you run 4 kHz this will usually put crowns in the 90s range and coins will be in the 80s.

I guess its an easter egg. There is 2 hidden options the xy screen and ground history. Look up xp deus hidden screen on you tube there is a guy showing it that is how I found out about it.

thanks! btw, 'xp deus hidden screen' doesn't work for me. but 'xp deus hidden' does. the one hit i found is german and the youtube attempt at translation is hilarious in itself!

... secret time i meet with her today
... new menu item was to batman travelled
... now trying the 19-cent piece
... the little man against the poor hooky
... can also use the scottish witnesses

i could sort of follow along and it looked like certain coins gave a distinct diagonal pattern across the center, but other than that i have no idea what i was looking at. perhaps when i get to try this on my own machine the english labels might help somewhat but without a map of what this screen is depicting when a target is found i doubt i'd be able to read it.

anyway, tks for the link to the link. hopefully someone who can translate can add to the information base about this screen.

*later note: found hidden menu mention in uk review using google search. he only has a brief mention:

[pre]
XP Deus hidden features
Now it appears to be common knowledge here's how to find it
The secret screen is located under Options - highlight configuration -
press + and pin point together - now you will see the word advanced
in the options menu there you will find visualisation x y and Gnd history.
This is not a new update but simply diagnostic tools for XP engineers.
[/pre]

* and, a little later, i found this forum discussion of this menu on a french site. google translate is much better, but i still wouldn't count on the translation being good enough for me to understand exactly what they're saying about how they've found (or are speculating) that it works:

hidden menu (french)

/guy

After you use it for a while and test some different items with it you will understand what is going on. There is no numbers on the screen it is purely visual. I have only had my deus for 4 days and only hunted this way twice but I can call out all the normal coinage and pulltabs and foil and bottle caps before I dig. It is very easy to learn. Easier than learning all the numbers I think. Also it doesn't lie you are seeing the actual electrical signal before its filtered and processed. You can even see signals that you cant hear due to discrimination. It may not be for everyone but I am 100% sold on it .

i'm more than willing to give it a shot. after all, i have nothing to unlearn, neither machine nor technique nor audio feedback familiarity which means that any method i choose as primary i'll have to learn from bottom up anyway.

i wonder what a 1/2kg chunk of coke laying atop a coin would show up as on this screen? i saw one gent on youtube do this test and you could hear the little 'squeak' of the dime as the coil passed over the mass. i thought coke was a fuel source like charcoal, i wouldn't have thought it would be detectable but from all the uk vids i've watched it seems to sound off like iron.

/guy

Spellman you have me intrigued. I can't imagine why XP wouldn't alert buyers of this feature. There's no mention of it in the manual that i can recall reading. I will definitely check it out. Thanks!

sounds to me like it's raw data and they didn't want to have to document how to parse it, even if it does seem like 'pretty pictures'.

perhaps for confidentiality (trade secret) reasons or perhaps it might have seemed beyond the capacity and technical vocabulary of some users to grasp. no end of speculation to it.

/guy

I think it some sort of diagnosis tool for them to use but it is a tool for us to use to. Also the ground history is cool to if you go on that screen and you can see what is going on with your ground conition. If you push raz / reset and pump your coil you can see how it works I think this is tied to ground tracking. I was having problems ground balancing at the beach and I used this screen to help and it worked great.

The way I have cut down on digging them is change the Frequency and recheck the target. Eventually I hope to learn the subtle different sound people talk about, but for now I change the Frequency.

Here is a link to 4 different videos I made to demonstrate the XP Deus on various targets at the 4 different frequencies. Below are the times to skip to in each video that shows bottle caps. Compare the different videos and you will see that changing frequencies is a good way to identify them.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1771918

18khz. 16:00
12khz. 9:00
8khz. 8:15
4khz. 8:43

While we're on the subject of coils........not that I meant to side track..........if anyone is interested in a possible cache hunting coil, a discussion on another forum brought this response from Nigel:

"Alain is referring to a hoard hunting coil assembly for Deus due later in the year."

Hmmmmmm..........

mrwilburino said:
While we're on the subject of coils........not that I meant to side track..........if anyone is interested in a possible cache hunting coil, a discussion on another forum brought this response from Nigel:

"Alain is referring to a hoard hunting coil assembly for Deus due later in the year."

Hmmmmmm..........

Oh man, not again. The V3 update chatter was enough.:surrender::lol:

whoops......I just realized my previous post was meant for the "6 inch coil" thread, sorry. :rolleyes:

But speaking of trashy park programs.........the first day I received the Deus I began hunting with it in Basic 2 and started tweaking the program from there. Almost 2 years and many trashy parks later...........without even realizing it.........I am using an almost exact copy of Deus Fast. The only difference is that I use four tones and set them for my target ranges. If I'm digging too much aluminum I'll switch to a lower frequency for a better ID in the upper range. I might change reactivity and disc levels at times but always stick with the same program. The stock programs are hard to improve on.