Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

trashy park program

Mountain Mike

I would like to load a trashy park program into my Deus that would help me cherry pick coins. I have the A.S. book and have already put in the high trash program from the book. I feel like I am getting a fair understanding of the settings. My main concern is a notch setup to help cherry pick those coins. I was thinking of using a 12k program. The coins in my testing seem to be registering high. I buried a nickel at 4" this morning and it registered 73-74 in 8k??? It also hit high in my test garden. I do not have the normalization feature on. I am having a hard time coming up with a notch pattern. If this is not normal let me know. Maybe there was some contamination. I would also like to see what trashy park programs others have come up with. Thanks!

what are you trying to notch out, or in? tones? ground? I'm not sure what you are asking so far, sorry.
i use 12K a lot and nickels come in around 55 or so, so i am wondering why yours comes in higher?
I use full tones and it's pretty easy to hear the higher tones... 80 and above in 12K. that is where most of the coins show up. Try 12K and dig anything above 80 and see how you do. Then you can start to fine tune what you want to dig. Let me know how it goes.

martygene said:
what are you trying to notch out, or in? tones? ground? I'm not sure what you are asking so far, sorry.
i use 12K a lot and nickels come in around 55 or so, so i am wondering why yours comes in higher?
I use full tones and it's pretty easy to hear the higher tones... 80 and above in 12K. that is where most of the coins show up. Try 12K and dig anything above 80 and see how you do. Then you can start to fine tune what you want to dig. Let me know how it goes.

I was just trying to figure which numbers would be best for a nickel window. My test this morn kinda thru me off with the 73-74. Will test it again later.

Yep the one high conductor in the whole yard was in the top of that plug. I got numbers jumping around the 54 mark. Maybe a nickel window of 50-60 will work.

Here's a chart...
in 8k I have always had them hit in the
45 to 50 range... which is just below the
pull-tab area... if you're gonna cherry pick
just dig the 70 and up which includes pennies
at 80 and up you're gonna get silver and clad
either way you'll be passing up most good jewelry and
just one ring can be worth all the coins you dig in a year....
I've dug a few... so I don't cherry pick anymore but I do
dig a bunch of the pull-tabs as it's paid off handsomely.
I just set a high tone 80+ and midtone 45-80 then listen to
the quality of the tones and double check VDI to decide....
Nickels are also smooth and clean tones as are gold or
silver bands many jewelry pieces will give a soso or even
erratic tone... depends on shape and such

http://www.metaldetectingworld.com/xp-deus-vdi-chart-us-coins-relics.shtml