Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trashy Park Question

NavMode

Yesterday I hunted a park here in Cedar Rapids, IA that looks like it hasn't been hunted in quite awhile. I know it will need to be cleaned before I really find good stuff.

Very trashy with old bottle caps, old pull tabs, and aluminum cans usually crumpled in ball. All was between 4" to 6" deep. I did find some clad 2

If it's an old park, consider breaking down the areas into smaller manageable areas and dig everything.....that's right, everything. You will be surprised at how many good targets are simply masked out by the trash. Now if it's just common clad, by all means, use the sniper coil, introduce some discrimination and dig all the iffy plus good signals. If the good target to trash ratio is very poor, consider locating to a better slot where you might get better returns...

Either way, have fun! You have a great detector in your hands....:thumbup:

I would definitely switch to the sniper coil. I sent out my AT pro for upgrades earlier in the year and was using my Ace 250 with the sniper on it. I was absolutely amazed at the stuff I was finding at places I could not even touch with my Pro. Have patience and like John said, dig everything, especially around bleacher areas and fence lines.

Good Luck,

DS

I've been hitting a trashy park with my 250 the last couple of weeks. I have my sens 3 bars from max and just going super slow like 4 second swings with the coil pretty much right on the ground. I've pulled a couple mercs, a v nickel, and an 1853 large cent out of there. Using the stock coil. Sure I'm digging tons of clad and zincs but the occasional old find makes it all worth it. My E trac comes today so I'm going to give the 250 a break and see what I missed.

Consider getting the DD coils for the Ace also...they will help ya weed through the trash...you just have to learn to swing a little slower with them...

HH,