Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Travel Case for the CTX3030

Wildgerman

After looking at 50 or more different types of cases to store or travel with my CTX 3030 I finally found one that I can make work. It is strong enought for air travel, Somewhat waterproof (has rubber seal) 4 heavy duty latches, 2 that lock. The Case is a Plano All Weather Bow Case #108110 and costs about $110 with tax. I will try and upload pictures. I have not added a peice of foam to the top lid yet but it will be done soon. I may make some minor changes but this is how I started out.

There are places under the Foam to screw them to the case. It comes with 5 or 6 straps, if you needed more you could probably get more from Plano. I also added 3" foam to the top cover and cut a slot where the screen is to give it more protection and also hold the detector tighter if I were to use it on an Airplane Trip. Its possible I could have used 2" foam on top but I wanted the top foam to Sandwich the detector, shaft and coil to really hold it firmly in place. If I were to take this case on an airplane I might put 2 or 3 mini ratchet straps around the case for added safety. I don't think this is really nessary because the latches have a safety trigger on them so they just won't accidently pop open and 2 latches have locks.

Looks good, but they do not ship this box to Norway. Minelab should come up with a good transportation solution for the Ctx 3030.

Make sure you do not leave anthing in the case for a long period of time. I had left a gun in one for a bit and it came down with rust. just be carefull

"The Case is a Plano All Weather Bow Case #108110 and costs about $110 with tax."

Not now just under 200.00 at Amazon

Here is the very same Plano Bow case. I didn't like struggling with the two 'pillars' in the middle. As you can see here, I used and oscillating saw to shave the accessory bosses and the pillars right out. The four 'port holes' left in the side of the case from the removed 'pillars' have a window of 1/4" plexiglass epoxied into place. This gave me SO much more room and variation to placement. I'm not quite done with this project. I'm in the process of hotwire foam cutting the custom inserts. I plan to post finished images and tips if you wish to tackle this on your own.

HH