Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure find-no detector.

Sport181

Earlier this summer I bought a circa 1975 vintage pinball machine (yeah I guess that makes me vintage too) to restore as a Winter project. Yes I'm into pinball, and have been since the early 70's. Anyway my friend Dale, who's into them heavily also, and also my chief mentor on them, came over to help me get started on it today and see where we're at, and what parts we'll need to order. Throughout the day we began to clean, inspect, repair, and disassemble certain areas of the machine, and one of the parts we managed to reach was the coin door/coin slot area. Needless to say these metal parts are 46 years old and need to be removed, stripped down, soaked in rust remover, polished, buffed and finally waxed before being re-installed. When we removed the coin slots from the coin door, and started breaking down the individual parts, imagine how shocked we were when I opened one of the 2-piece slots and found this inside! We know there has to be some crazy story behind this, but we'll probably never find out why someone would put a (real) hundred dollar bill with a penny tucked into it "in the coin slot"? It's definitely a tale worth telling though, and it will definitely help recoup my parts costs!

Attachments

• Pinball Machine .jpg
    Pinball Machine .jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Pinball find 1.jpg
    Pinball find 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 135
  • Pinball find 2.jpg
    Pinball find 2.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Pinball find 3.jpg
    Pinball find 3.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Pinball find 5.jpg
    Pinball find 5.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 143
$100.01, head scratcher for sure!!!! If stolen and hidden wouldn't someone have to know how to get that deep into the machine? Same if hidden? Very interesting mystery……..

SCORE, Does the machine have the big change box in it where you put your quarters in &
they fall in to the change box?

U2, it's apparently been gone for a while from the looks of the wiring. Someone bypassed the need for coins a long time ago, and they weren't very neat about it! Just one of the many things needing rectified on this old machine.