Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

treasure hound/ eagle eye depth multiplier coils

inchworm54

The question for my savey friends out there in the cyber world is,if the KHZ frequency between the GRAND MASTER HUNTER CX111 POWER MASTER and the GTI2500[assuming all models from inception till present are the same]will these coils [TREASURE HOUND&EAGLE EYE DEPTH MULTIPLIERS]]Interchange with efficientcy and compatable results?

In my post about the GRAND MASTER HUNTER CX111&GTI2500 COILS I did not include the correct name of the CX111 COIL : IT IS " The BloodHound Depth Multiplier", which was the original coil for the G.M.H. CX111. They seem to be solid,rectangular and foam filled coils so to reiterate my question, will the original BLOODHOUND COILS INTERCHANGE WITH THE TREASURE HOUND EAGLE EYE COILS??? Are the KHZ compatable between these two coils?Thank you for any and all info! KEEP SEACHIN"!!!

Hi there.
I'm also interested in to know if this coils are compatible with both machines.
Also, any one knows what is the function of the switch that are on the front antenna of the bloodhound?

Thank's and best regards.

Adolfo

Hmm not sure if this will help.
The frequencies are, GTI @ 7.2 KHz. The GTA's @ 7.0 KHz. The CX series @ 6.5 KHz.
I have the Master Hunter CX Plus and the CX 3. I have found the coils and Treasure hound coil marked CX works on both detectors.
I've recently purchased the 4.5inch round and the 10×14 Proformance coil marked GTA. They both work just fine on my CX an CX 3.

The 10×14 coil is a bit heavy on the CX3,kinda feels like swingin a 15 Wot coil on my Explorer though not as bad of a flimsy feeling.
It also seems to miss the tiny slaw and hits the coins nicely.

The difference between the frequencies of the CX3, GTA's an Gti is quite small.
What I do not know. Is if the plugs are the same and or wired the same between the CX 3 and Gti's.
Hope this helps.
T. M.

odancoiler,thank you for your reply to my post! This info will help to fill some blanks i had! My goal is to aquire the very machines you yourself are using except i would like to find the POWER MASTER CIRCUIT version because my research seems to indicate an increase in target depth of 2 inchs +/- ! The coils you talked about will be very efective additions to a metal detecting arsenal ! Also the original BLOODHOUND DEPTHDOUBLER/MULTIPLIER which to the best of my understanding came in both 5.5 khz and 15 khz will work on many older/vintage machines [ and please by all means if i am not correct may the more informed/experienced forum members help find the truth] such as these: pre ADS MASTER HUNTER GROUNDHOG / GARRETT DEEPSEEKER / D-TEX CK20 / D-TEX SK50 / D-TEX RELIC KING /RICHARD RAY'S PHANTOM / GOLD MOUNTAIN VIP & GARRETT MASTER HUNTER ADS 3 !

Inchwarm54.
My CX3 has the power master circuitry. It makes me dig,in all metal anyway.
My treasure hound box coil came with the CX Plus when I bought it new in 2010.
The GTAx's don't work , I guess the coil plug is different.
As for your older machines. Do a search on the net for "Vintage Metal Detectors".
You will find many pages of info and a few forums dedicated to the Vintage machines.

Where I'm at an older timer cleans up the beach daily. Even tried to run me off the public beach claiming its his.lol. I got my permit. I'm hoping this 10×14 coil in all metal will do the trick. I've run an Explorer XS and a MXT here,pulled some older nickles from a deep cut near the shore. Which means he has'nt gotten it all,its just Deeper. This beach and port date to the 1700's,so there has to be some good stuff left. Seriously this guy has the beach so clean I can hardly find an old pull tab.lol.
If I can ever get my Sovereign GT back from my lil brother in Alaska I could go very deep in deed.

Welp hope I helped ya a lil more. Did you inherit these machines?
T. M.

odancoiler, hello sir. In response to your question/ Did you inherit these machines? Sad but true i did not! I do believe they are very effective and time tested versatility has proven them to be an excellent value for a "NEWBIE" which i truly am! I do not at this time own a metal detector as the one i did have [ SEARS $80.00 pawn shop] was lost in a house fire/ my brothers! Due to helping family members with debilitating financial burdens, my desire to join the ranks of "THE METAL DETECTING BROTHERHOOD"HAS BEEN DELAYED! WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY! I have been diligently searching and there are many good machines to choose from yet the GARRETT LINE has captured my interest! As far as the "NEWEST BEST THING" THE AT PRO SEEMS TO BE GENERATING A LOT OF INTEREST ,but for me i think the GTI 2500 PRO PACKAGE WITH THE TREASURE HOUND EAGLE EYE COIL WOULD DO VERY NICELY!!! .AS AN ENTRY LEVEL MACHINE I WILL TRY TO PURCHASE A G.M.H. CX 111 w/POWER MASTER CIRCUIT & MULTIPLE COIL OPTIONS INCLUDING THE BLOODHOUND MULTIPLIER COIL.....then plead for help until i am able to become proficient with the subtle nuances of its performance characteristics! THANKS IN ADVANCE TO MY PEERS &THE RESIDENT GURU'S FOR THE TIME &KNOWLEDGE YOU WILL SHARE!? KEEP DIGGIN MIKE E

So Inchwarm,, I’m wondering what you decided on. By the way my. CX 3 dus have the Power Master circuitry. Since this conversation I picked up the AT Pro. A very impressive machine. Especially with the 5x8 coil. That Gti 2500 would have served you well. Let me know how you’ve made out. TM