Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure hunt Token

u2robert

Found this Palo Duro Canyon Treasure Hunt Token today.
A little research revealed this.
They dropped 10,000 of these gold-colored tokens from a plane
in 1949 into the Palo Duro Canyon for a Treasure Hunt.
Each token is numbered, you could win prizes if your number ended in 7
I think first prize was a 250.00 diamond ring back in 1949 that was big.
People are still finding the token 72 years later in the canyon
I found mine in Florida school yard.
This is what I love about detecting you just never know what you will find` (does that sound Forest Gumpish)
I also found a marble I love finding marbles.

Attachments

• IMG_2052.JPG
    IMG_2052.JPG
    867.9 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_2050.JPG
    IMG_2050.JPG
    834.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_2053.JPG
    IMG_2053.JPG
    642.9 KB · Views: 152
Found this Palo Duro Canyon Treasure Hunt Token today.
A little research revealed this.
They dropped 10,000 of these gold-colored tokens from a plane
in 1949 into the Palo Duro Canyon for a Treasure Hunt.
Each token is numbered, you could win prizes if your number ended in 7
I think first prize was a 250.00 diamond ring back in 1949 that was big.
People are still finding the token 72 years later in the canyon
I found mine in Florida school yard.
This is what I love about detecting you just never know what you will find` (does that sound Forest Gumpish)
I also found a marble I love finding marbles.
Very interesting find. Maybe that’s why they weren’t found back in 1949, they were dropped in Fla pan handle not the Texas pan handle.
Pilot error

Awesome find on your coin!! I just ran across this tread while trying to find a value (for possible sell) for my coin I found 34 years ago. I was about 13 at the time hiking in the canyon with some cousins and brother. I kicked something that caught my attention so I looked down and saw the coin. My dad cleaned it up a little and found out it ended in a 7 and would have been an instant prize winner.

Awesome find on your coin!! I just ran across this tread while trying to find a value (for possible sell) for my coin I found 34 years ago. I was about 13 at the time hiking in the canyon with some cousins and brother. I kicked something that caught my attention so I looked down and saw the coin. My dad cleaned it up a little and found out it ended in a 7 and would have been an instant prize winner.
Be cool if you could find out what the prize would have been.