Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure Master Pro

madelien

I have been reading this forum with much interest. I am interested in getting a Treasure Master Pro and was wondering if any one had anything new to add as far as to the quality of it. I've been out of detecting for a while now and was going to get back into it again. Also, I am not to keen on the Double D coil as far as pinpointing your finds. Does anyone have any opinion on that. Thank you

Well after about 2 maybe 3 weeks of research of different MD in the same price range, I've found that the TreasurePro has had more of what I was looking for.
So I called Kellyco about 3 days ago and bought one. It should be here on Monday via Fedex. Although I've found it a curse to be able to track the package,it was shipped from Florida and it has been in Chicago for the past two days errrrrrgh. It is a small price to pay living in Alaska.

OK, I'm going to try this. How do you think the Treasure Master Pro compares to a 6000D Whites machine from the 1980's?

I got to use 6000 about ten years ago for about 30 min. helping a friend set it up. The " Blue Box" is about 5lbs heavier, with an analog meter.The Tpro has a much faster processor large VDI numbers with multiple tones. As far as depth from what I've heard the 6000 was as good as if not a tad better than a lot of the new MD including the T pro I'm not sure if that was just air test or not. My nephew in Texas has a T Pro he said it is better than the Ace 350 by a long shot, he was impressed that it had threshold adjustment and auto ground balance. He is not a big fan of the DD coil for the same reason as you. He did say after ten min he got the hang of pinpointing pretty good he is still going to get a couple of more coils a sniper coil and a concentric 9" I hope that helps.

Rod

Rod-n-Alaska said:
I got to use 6000 about ten years ago for about 30 min. helping a friend set it up. The " Blue Box" is about 5lbs heavier, with an analog meter.The Tpro has a much faster processor large VDI numbers with multiple tones. As far as depth from what I've heard the 6000 was as good as if not a tad better than a lot of the new MD including the T pro I'm not sure if that was just air test or not. My nephew in Texas has a T Pro he said it is better than the Ace 350 by a long shot, he was impressed that it had threshold adjustment and auto ground balance. He is not a big fan of the DD coil for the same reason as you. He did say after ten min he got the hang of pinpointing pretty good he is still going to get a couple of more coils a sniper coil and a concentric 9" I hope that helps.

Rod

That's interesting because I use to do a lot of detecting with the 6000, great machine.

here are my thoughts on the treasure master pro. Had it out 3 times so far, very sensitive, easily found items (foil, coins, iron) 8 in deep with a strong signal. The pinpointing option works VERY well. When in a trashy area it was giving so many signals it was hard to narrow things down where my AT Pro could more easily. when swinging on some items the vdi # would vary wildly sometimes almost annoyingly so. But other times it was more stable and if it said nickle, dime or quarter it was right on. again I personally had a hard time pinpointing just swinging and moving back, unless I used the pinpointing option then I could pinpoint dead on. The display is awesome if you want to watch and the tones work just as well if you dont want to stair at the display.

the 10" DD very erratic in trash -- really want to try the 8" concentric coil(Prizm series) or a 6" concentric if whites ever decides to make one