Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure Pro or Ace 400??????

c4teeter

[size=medium]Alright here's my situation... Sold my Whites VX3 to put money towards an Equinox 800 (depending on forum members testing on US soil). Since I'm not on a "list" yet, I might be waiting a little while, so I might as well get a low to mid price unit. I've got it narrowed down to the Treasure pro and the Ace 400(those are close to my price range).. Could use some pro and cons on the two... Thanks[/size]

Hello,
I am fairly new to metal detecting. I only started in Oct. 2017. I bought a AT Pro and have hunted with it for 3 months. I purchased a mint condition used Whites Treasure Pro for a back-up. I have frozen ground right now but may try to check out the Whites tomorrow. The AT Pro has been great for me. I have over $350 in clads, 2 gold and one silver in rings, some rosie silver dimes, 5 mercury dimes and wheat pennies. I must admit, I found some great places to hunt that had not been hunted. Your Ace 400 is very close to the AT Pro. I will leave you know how I like the Whites treasure pro after I give it a test run. I can't dig plugs because my ground is frozen solid but I hope I can get some signals with the frozen ground. Stay tuned and I'll leave you know how the Whites performed.
Novice Ron

Thanks Ron... Been on YouTube all day.. Now the Teknetics Liberator looks promising..

Hello,
I checked out the Whites Treasure pro this morning. I must say it seemed to be good for finding signals. I had signals on all coins even though the ground is frozen solid. I did not dig any because of the very hard frozen ground. Up to this point, I am pleased with the Whites Treasure Pro for my back-up machine, I will know much better when I can did those signals. Had quarter, dime, nickel and penny signals. I had never tried to hunt with frozen ground before. There is no one hunting this site so I know those coins will be there when I can finally dig.
Novice Ron

I've been doing this for about 18 years now. Like you c4teeter, I've had a few machines in my day! Right now, I own 3 old blue box White's (5900, 5900/DI and 6000/DI) 4 different White's Classic (black box) detectors (II, III, III Plus and a Classic IDX-Pro all with GB and Thresh mods, done myself) an XLT Spectrum, a Prizm V, a Fisher CZ5 with a inline probe from Sun-Ray and a Fisher CZ6, among a few others. I bought a White's Treasure Pro (I'll call it a TPro from here on out) about a month ago and I am thrilled with it. With all of the great detectors I have, the TPro was an experiment to see if the newer circuitry and the DD coil would be any improvement. For the last several years, the Fisher CZ5 has been my go-to detector and found me my first gold rings, so I was hard pressed to improve on it's abilities but already heavy, the Sun-Ray inline probe just makes it worse in that department. So right off, the sheer light-weight aspect of the TPro won me over. Even with stage IV Adhesive Archnoiditis (a horrible spine condition) I can swing it for hours. Then there are the features of the TPro. I bought the TPro at a local pawn shop. It was only $150 so I decided to give it a shot, knowing absolutely nothing about it! I am familiar enough with White's detectors and figured I couldn't really go wrong. All I had to do was sell it if I didn't like it and for what I paid I could nearly give it away and make my money back. Boy was I right to buy it! I LOVE this thing. Aside from the lightweight aspect, the features are amazing for a detector of this price range, even new at just just under $400. Auto GB, tracking (or tracking locked!), VDI's (a huge advantage), huge backlit display, 2 AA battery power (9 volts are expensive!), 5 program modes (the TreasureMaster only has 4. It does not have the High Trash program), adjustable thresh-hold (very nice feature) and up to 8 tone ID's! This is light years ahead of the Classic (I call them Black Box's) Series of detectors that White's put out. It took me a couple hours of finding and digging targets with the help of my Fisher and it's probe to get the hang of it. The main thing I like is the shape of the field that the DD coils create vs. the concentric coils. This is my first full sized DD coil. A friend bought a Garrett Ace 350 with a DD coil and I tried and was a bit mystified. I knew I needed some time with this coil. I am lightning fast with the Fisher and inline probe. I can find, dig and recover targets 3 to 1 to my friends Garrett. But after a couple sessions with the TPro, I was digging them just as fast, and that was after dragging the Fisher around with the TPro! By the end of my last dig, I was finally able to dig targets without the need of the Fisher w/probe! The TPRO DD coil creates a much larger search swath. Instead of an upside down cone shape'd field with a tiny point at the bottom, the DD makes a 10" by 2" field that covers more ground per swing, requiring much less overlap. I'm sure I've missed targets with the concentric coils because of this. Granted the ID and tones are a bit finicky until you are centered over the target. My only demerit is the single channel circuit of the TPro. My Fisher CZ5 is a dual frequency monster with impeccable target ID and pinpoint abilities. At least White's chose a fairly high frequency (7.8 kHz) which does see nickels and pull-tabs well. (and thus the gold!) If I was made of money, I too would buy the new Minelab Equinox 800 or CTX3030. I am also interested in a Pulse Induction machine someday. Until I hit that massive diamond ring and matching earrings to finance a new machine, I will be swinging this TreasurePro and my good old Fisher! Maybe I'll sell everything else and step up to the "big boy" detectors but until then, White's and Fisher have been my best producers of treasure! I am shocked that my beloved Fisher CZ5 is already taking a back seat to the TreasurePro! I do hope that this was helpful and that you find your next favorite detector soon! GL and HH!

-- moved topic --

Why is this discussion in the Makro forum?