Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure Ray Detector :detecting:

thepest

Howdy All....
Here's what i know about this detector....it's a Treasure Ray Metal Detector. Serial Number 7H4049.... Made by the J. K. Gilbert Co. Leesville, Texas.... ( i'm guessing they no longer exsist) i am " asuming " this is a TR machine designed for beach combing.... because it is not water proof.... it takes 10 AA bateries to operate...... it extends out to aprox. 5 feet.... it seems you would hold the detector by the poll a little less than half way down.... the balance feels good....it's light weight.... it has an 8 and half inch coil.... and.... It Works Perfectly....
I'd love to know what model it is.... and if i could get instructions from somone who knows the detector... or... even a copy of the manual.... i'd be in my glory...
Thanks In Advance For Looking
Anthony " the pest ":detecting:

small update: this " Treasure Ray" detector appears to be older than the "Auqua TR " diving models that come up for sale now and then....
Carl from GEOTEC thinks it's early 70's..... i aquired it from a sale in Tinley Park ,IL.... which is a stones throm from lake michigan.... there had to be a dealer.... or retail store.... in the chicago / great lakes area that sold these things....finding somone that remembers will be priceless...:buds:

J.K. Gilbert Co.
8798 Highway 80, Leesville, TX 78122-0095
(830) 424-3409

hehehe.... already tried that one steve...but i greatly appreciate the time you took to look for them..... same name... diffrent company...they do musical instruments..... i'm gusessing this outfit grabbed the trade name when the metal detector company went belly up.... why not snagg the mailing list if you can...
thanks again for looking:clapping:

Some quick research indicates these people used to sell them
http://casanovasadventures.com/catalog/metaldetector/p10500.htm

thanks " gamiller "..... that's a big outfit..... they don't have a phone which i thought was odd..... but i did shoot them an email.... so i'll wait and see what they say....
and thanks again for looking:clapping:

I know this is a very old post but: I was doing a web search in the company and came across this site... I've got a Treasure Ray Model BF-2 that my dad bought in the 70's... It's a very simple device with a small coil,alum stem and a small box with the components in it... It's only got two dials, one on/off volume and one tuning... You would turn it on and adjust the tuning to a certain sound, then when the device came across metal it would change the sound... I don't know how long it had been sitting in the closet but it still works...
And it has an address on it: The J K Gilbert Company
P O Box 21021
Fort Worth,Texas

I remember when I my dad bought it saying he got it from a coworker... For some reason I thought the coworker might have manufactured it...

Kevin