Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trident 2 Extreme

Will be going out in a hour or so on one of my local permissions,crops are starting to show,so the detecting window is narrowing again,although i do have a fair amount of pasture still.

Since I'm in the States and we don't have that model, I'm curious... Is the Trident 2 Extreme simply a Vaquero with the Tejon/Cortes battery holder, or is it different internally as well? Would it be tough to mod a Vaquero to the Tri 2X spec.?

What is the reason for marketing different Tesoro models for different parts of the globe? Does it have to do with international marketing laws,dealing with just a completely different market target or are hunting conditions really that different from the US :shrug:

Tesoro makes a line for Pentechnic in the UK, google them.
They then modify them for UK conditions and sell them as their Laser models.
If you want a Laser, you need to order from the P.
And they may not sell export you one directly. You have to have someone else local buy it and ship it out.

Sven said:
Tesoro makes a line for Pentechnic in the UK, google them.
They then modify them for UK conditions and sell them as their Laser models.
If you want a Laser, you need to order from the P.
And they may not sell export you one directly. You have to have someone else local buy it and ship it out.

Sven,most of that information is incorrect and i will expand on it below.

The Laser range of detectors are mainly designed for the UK market based on existing Tesoro machines,the Laser brand was setup by a guy called Frank Mellish from Treasure World and the guy as far as i am aware is still alive.

History on how Laser Detector brand was started.

He has imported the various Laser detectors built to his spec for the UK market for about 30 odd years,some classic all time machines being the legendary Laser B1 and B3 which was based on the Bandido range the B1 having the manual GB and the B3 the fixed GB but both deadly on our sites and our ground conditions due to being slightly tweaked inside,what exactly was done i am not sure but they worked and worked very well.

Then we get onto the Pentechnic side of things Tesoro/Laser main service and repairs and sales as well. this is operated by a electronics boffin called Dave and has repaired detector for decades and he is as i understand it the 'only' UK Tesoro/Laser repair centre,so he has about the most Tesoro knowledge going on how these detectors tick.
But Pentechnic then modify 2 detectors within the Laser range for 'niche' detecting including one specially designed mainly for the Thames mudlarking folks who detecting the really muddy Thames foreshores and uses the 4'' Tesoro coil but once again tweaked inside for that special niche,then we get onto the hybrid machine called the Trident 2 Extreme this is based on the Tesoro Vaquero which is called the Laser Trident 1 and 11 the main difference being in those models one has fixed GB and the Trident 11 has manual and fixed GB,but this is the model that Dave at Pentechnics has tweaked even further and used things like the Tejon battery box but also done modifications inside the control box to make it even better and hence the 'Extreme' addition to the name.A very refined machine if i may say so and the UK's Cazador if you like,at least its in production and not the Tesoro Myth version :rofl:

So that is how the Laser brand of detectors evolved and what the Laser Trident11 Extreme model is,no its not just a badged Tesoro Vaquero its been modified to suit our detecting conditions.

Mega
I have a question what is the AM like on the Trident 2 Extreme is it fast ?? thinking it might be a good gold detector.

he will send here but our $ needs to go up heaps before I by anything in UK pounds. :rant:

thanks!!

AJ

Thanks buddy for setting the story straight...................

Very cool guys.
Makes me want one!! Lol.
Love learning the colorful histories behind these units. :)

amberjack said:
last I read Mega sacked the trident gone back to the whites.

AJ

AJ,you are correct,he Trident Extreme is a very good all round machine,but some times one cannot GEL with a machine,only one other machine that i could not get on with was a brand new Troy X5 10 years ago,that was the only machine that i have ever sold as luck would have it i sold it basically for the same price i bought it from the dealer.

The Trident wont be sold,it will be used on sites that are very trashy like roman/saxon ones and used with the 5.75'' coil,but for a everyday machine that crown still belongs to my DFX and T2 these have been my faithful and most productive machines for many years including many celtic gold staters.

Its a lovely lightweight machine and basically a bad boy Vaquero but on banned steroids,and no question about it its deep with the 11x8 coil on it,but will only come out to play for specific site use ie really trashy ploughed and rolled sites.i am lucky that i have accumulated a fair amount of detectors over the years for site specific use on the permissions that i have access too,no one detector/coil combination can do it all.

Go to UK eb... and once in a while one can find the detector or UK forums there is always one for sale if you need one that bad...