Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried an old coal mine and ended up with SILVER!!!

nova74

Hey everyone,

I got out the other night for a couple hours to a new place that was once a old coal mine here in Edmonton but has now been turned into a park. When I first got there my first 2 targets were a 52 Canadian penny and a 45D Wheat cent. I thought to myself this is a good start. The coins were few and far between but we all know that its just a matter of time to get the coil over something. I ended up pulling about 22 pennies and a 63 nickel which is ok in my books for a area that I suspected has been buried by tons of dirt. I was making my way back to the truck and wouldn't you know it I banged on a ringer at 5" deep. Dug the plug, nothing...... rescanned the hole, still there as I cut the plug just off to the right of the target. I stuck my leche into the side of the hole and popped out a big clump of dirt and there sticking to the clump was a white quarter sized disk. :clapping:

First thing I noticed that it had a couple fresh gouges in it, Doh!!!! I couldn't tell what it was till I stuck it in my mouth to wash it off and guess what. King Edward came out to play tonight!!!!!!!!
p1011273u.jpg

p1011274.jpg

I wasn't able to get a video tonight as it was to dark but I did have the camera, man every time I have that thing with me I get something good.

Thanks for looking everyone :detecting:

Great find, but dig slowly and carefully. The signal is there and it ain't going anywhere. I always dig around the target. If I miss, then I dig a bit further by a few inches, so I don't damage whatever is in the ground.

Great find!

Trying to get use to my new 10x14 DD coil as I haven't found its sweet spot yet but soon that will change being the recent frustration.

Nice silver quarter too bad about the gouges:sadwalk:

Great Find, I think you should carry a bottle of water to wash your coins. you never know what makes the ground wet

Ouch...gotta learn patience...Get your Pro Pointer skills honed...It is not hard to avoid this type of injury...

HH,