Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tried out the omega first time last night

Was able to try out the omega last night. Easy to assemble nothing missing very light weight compared to my other main use machines.i have the 11 in dd coil on my etp so I decided to try the elliptical 10 in. First thing I learned is how important gb is on these machines with out a good gb it was all I could do to find aclean spot to gb as it was so noisey. Once gbd it simmered down other than a pop or crackle now an then. Did find when swinging that it hit on a target now and then and I'd swing the other way and nothing then I'd try and make hit again from the first direction and it was hard to repeat let alone isolate. So I skipped those and just dug solid signals for now. Ended up with two pennies and two pull tabs before cows needed more attention. I was gbd at 62 on mxt my ground is usually 80 82. Kept sens at 60 or so for no reason other than me learning it I ran it up into the 80s and it ran fine. Don't like the tones so far miss the etps tones but I'm sure I'll learn these. 3 tone to me sounds all garbled together. I'm not sure I understand the graph just above the vdi numbers? I downloaded the manual last spring and have read it 4 or 5 times and that has helped a lot. Going to try it again today. Lastly where do wheats vdi? Is it like the etp? I usually can find 2 to 3 wheats each hunt avg 4 to 6 inches deep. I like finding all coins but wheats are my favorite as they are the first coin I collected and in a round about way that's what got me started in this hobby. Thank you guys!

A good way to learn the tones is to throw a bunch of different targets out on the ground and run your search coil over each one. While in 3 tones putting the discrimination setting at 40 will illuminate the iron low tone and you'll only be able to hear two audio tones, mid and high. That will keep simpler until you learn the tones. I like using 4 audio tones because some wheat pennies give a audio signal that sound off between the upper mid tone and high tone.

tabman