Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried Pinpointing a Different Way

I'm pretty certain I'm not following Mudpuppy's recommended technique, but here are a couple of unedited videos (sorry about that), where I give the pumping method a try. I'm posting this hoping I'm doing it wrong rather than finding out it's not a task suitable for the Deus. Each video is a few minutes long, but there's only a short session where I try the pumping method to pinpoint. Hopefully Mudpuppy will chime in and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

In one video I claim that the pinpointing was off further than it was while using the method...well, that wasn't entirely accurate; it was only slightly off, and I suspect that may have been because of a collocated target. In the other video I incorrectly guessed the coin was on edge...it wasn't; I was simply having problems pinpointing.

To make matters worse, I spend a lot of time sweeping instead of digging in the videos...if you begin to start pulling your hair out, please skip ahead :biggrin:

Here are the videos:

http://youtu.be/dxNw5-Y-SL4

http://youtu.be/u_5Mi3rtYGs

Thanks you ,the videos are helpful for us folks trying to figure out the Deus.

OK, Beep!...you are pumping it just about right on the second vid, a bit too slow, but not much...if you continue to pump as you rotate 90 degrees, it sort of locks in the location....one thing about pumping, if its not a copper or silver or clad coin, the signal washes out to iron, if it dont, its a spill, on edge, masked or something...real fast and brisk but gentle action...deeper coins you will barely get a ping, unless you get the sweet spot of the coil directly overhead...but at least then you know, this is something very deep!...try it on a bottlecap or iron that sounds like a coin or try it on a shallow signal...if you stab a screwdriver right on top of where you think the target is and dig a plug around it...it should be within a golfball sized profile, baseball size at the largest...it may take some practice, or may not work at all with the Deus..everybody develops their own comfortable method of pinpointing and recovery..whatever works....again, I'm mainly busting targets in the 5" to surface realm, with those occasional deeper interesting signals.....good on ya for giving it a go and filming it for us!

Oh, dont let your coil bang the ground either! That can cause a false...gently but briskly jigging it right over the deck and rotate as you do it...you can even raise your coil up in the air to get an idea on depth if you wish, after a while, the audio lets you know what you got and were its at..might want to try it in heavy trash to isolate the good ping from all the bad...thats where it really shines for me..:thumbup:.
Mud.

I thought he said when you are in heavy trash you bob the coil from side to side hunting not pinpointing???

Thanks Mud--it'll be a couple of weeks until I can try it again, but I look forward to it :)