Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRIED SOMETHING NEW TODAY WITH MY F75.... JUST FOR KICKS

Glen in Maine

When to my same old park and decided to try something new with my f75. I used Mode DE, Disc 60, Tone 3, Sen at 60-70. I detect in a very trashy park and wanted to see what happened with these settings. To my surprise the machine ran fairly quiet and I did recover 3 clad quarters, 4 Clad dimes and some zinc cents. The only problem I had was that I kept getting some beaver tails or flip tops coming though and registered as in their range....yummm? Actually thought that with a Disc setting of 60 they would be blocked out. I then I reset the f75 and put the machine back in the modes mentioned above and it even ran more quiet and not as many hits on the beaver tails and flip tops. I would like some input about what I did and what has worked for you. This forum has been a pleasure to be apart of and your comments are more than appreciated.

Hi Glen, you never said what settings you "normally" use ?
My jaw nearly collided with my keyboard when i read that, you used a discrim of 60 ! :surprised::heh:

Normally I use Mode DE, Tones 3H, Disc 16, GB at around 80-90, Sen 70-80

Beaver tails will occasionally fool the best detectors and detectorists. Shallow ones for me, in particular. Most tails on my 75 will read 31-33, a vdi # ranage tough not to dig. Frequently, though, there is a very slight "click" as you swing across the tail. This "click" seems to be even more pronounced when the tab piece is bigger. Unless on edge or badly slanted, most nickels down to about 5-6" on my F 75 will lock on 30. Those on edge and slanted tend to bounce a little, but usually just 1-2 numbers. Tabs and small pieces of can slaw tend to bounce several numbers, say 27-33 and won't lock on. I hunt trasy sites too, Glen, but never use more then 6 disc. and more often then not, 0, 3h and a lot of 4 tones and sen. 90-95. My ground g/b's pretty much low 60's to 70. I never thought I would find a better nickel machine the was my cz6 and cz3d, but the F 75 is!!! HH jim tn