Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tried the 10 inch concentric on the F19

dfmike

I've had my F19 for several months now and although I've used all the DD coils that I have on it many times I finally decided to put the 10 inch concentric that comes stock with the F5 and see what would happen. First Texas says that the F19/G2 are compatible with DD coils only and to expect erratic/diminished performance from the 19 kHZ/concentric coil combo. I've always been impressed with this coil on the F5. No more bottle caps, super accurate pinpointing, very light weight and decent depth. So far, the same seems to hold true about the coil on the F19. Ground balance numbers were the same as with the 11 DD, pinpointing was accurate as always and targets retain the same ID mostly, minus 1 or 2 on the numeric scale for some. I only tried it in my backyard which I have detected through and through with my F5. I found a few new targets. All these targets were very small. Nothing special but at least it tells me that the combination seems to work well. Since the house is not old and the sinking rate here is very slow, not a single target that I have ever found in the yard was at more than 3-4 inches. The only thing left to test is depth. I figure that if depth is about as good as my F5 with that same coil, it could make a fine combination.

Anybody else tried a concentric on the G2/F19/Gold Bug ? Impressions ?

Check Keithie6's channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYPdG3RIIPj4h7ap4b5mw1A). I've seen several videos of him using the Goldbug with the F70 10" concentric. He seems to be quite happy wit the combination.

Thanks. I haven't checked his videos in a while. Last time I looked he was using a T2.

I made a quick air test this evening and the numbers seem pretty good regarding depth. I get about 1 to 1.5 inch less on varied copper, silver and clad targets than with my 11 DD which is normal. I have no reason to think it would have depth issues in the ground but it could I guess. So far this coil seems just as good on the F19 as it is on the F5.

I just stuck the 8" round concentric on my old G2 and it seems to work also. Air test a Buffalo nickel at 11" easy. Not sure what it will do in an old iron contaminated site. Might get a chance to try it out this afternoon and see.

Tom

jacco said:
Check Keithie6's channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYPdG3RIIPj4h7ap4b5mw1A). I've seen several videos of him using the Goldbug with the F70 10" concentric. He seems to be quite happy wit the combination.

Hmm .. might just try the little 6.5" concentric for the F70/F75 on the G2 as well

Tom

RichW said:
I've tried the F75 6.5 concentric coil on my Omega and it worked quite well.

Good to hear on the 6.5" I tried out the 8" round on the G2 and although it air tests OK, in-ground performance was off. Audio was messy. Sounded like it couldn't make up its mind what it was seeing..

Tom

Thanks for the report Tom. Audio was weird on my setup initially as well. I had forgotten to ground balance. After that, it was smooth sailing. That was with the 10" elliptical concentric. I will have to try it out on my normal hunting grounds.

For all those who would like to see it work live. Check out Keithie6's youtube channel and his latest videos as mentioned by jacco above. He is using a GoldBug with the same coil I mention here. It seems to be working wonders for him.

Tried it away from home in a real park that gave me a few old silver coins in the past. This time I was less than impressed. Not because I didn't find any old silver but because there was a lot of false signals. Never had that problem before with the F19 with any DD coil. Also, depth seemed to be severely compromised. I ground balanced it in several different places but nothing changed. It was worth a try but I will not be using it again on this detector. On the plus side, no bottle caps.

its a wonder DJ hasn't popped in to say hi :shrug: but he's probably answered this question so many times he's having nightmares :lmfao:

i think mono might be good for shallow clad hunting just to knock the beer caps out if they are around :shrug:

thanks for sharing the results.

AJ

amberjack said:
its a wonder DJ hasn't popped in to say hi :shrug: but he's probably answered this question so many times he's having nightmares :lmfao:

i think mono might be good for shallow clad hunting just to knock the beer caps out if they are around :shrug:

thanks for sharing the results.

AJ

G'mornin', AJ, it's 7:45 AM El Paso time, just work up from that nightmare you were referring to.

A few years ago I generally preferred DD's. The T2 can drive only DD's. The recent 19 kHz platform machines were designed specifically to drive DD's, and whether you can get a particular concentric to work on them well, poorly, or not at all is pretty much the luck of the draw. That having been said, I'm more recently tending to prefer concentrics, and new platforms we have under development will (like the F75 and Fratbros platforms) drive both DD's and concentrics.

hope it wasn't a real bad one Dave :biggrin: sounds like i maybe dreaming about what the new detectors are like as i too like my Concentric coils and new platforms to run them on :clapping: way past my bed time here like 2am or something :sleepy:

off to dream about my new Fisher detector :bouncy:

thanks for the share!!

AJ

Still, can't argue with success. I'm watching Keithie6's youtube videos and he keeps finding the good stuff with the Gold Bug and the famous F5/F70 elliptical concentric coil. He obviously doesn't need depth though.

[size=medium]Musta read my tag line[/size]

Thanks Dave

Now about chest mounting water units?