Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried the new LTD out today

Ex-Sox

Took it to an old "hunted out" camp today expecting miracles. Well, I guess it is hunted out because I didnt find squat. I used the small coil with a sensitivity from 40 to 75 with no luck. Tried the bigger coil also. It seemed to false alot more than my regular F75, I guess I gotta just get used to it, I dont know. I hunted with 4 tones, medium to high sensitivity and 0 to 6 discrimination. We have hammered this spot with every kind of high end detector and for quite a few years so I shouldnt have expected too much. Got a few less "hunted out" spots to try but right now I feel as if I may have jumped the gun buying the LTD with already having a "hot" regular F75. It does feel good swingin a brand new machine though, I must admit!

Dont know yet. Didnt get many chances today. Hope to find out next time out.

it's entirely possible your standard 75 cleaned it out IF you could "'scrub" the coil on the ground!
gotta remember,the standard f-75 is STILL offered in fisher's line-up!..gotta be a reason for this!
just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Yep, been scrubbin with the F75 and my buddy with his SE Pro for the last 1.5 -2 years. Before that had SE's, Etrac, Xterra's, etc. for the last 4. I wasnt expecting much just hoping I guess. I am certain there's some stuff still there though, one of them spots, you know.

true!..ya never get it all!..it's been discussed at some length here of how, if you "scrub" the coil in a typical
park hunting site with closely trimmed grass,or other "flat" surface,the "standard" f-75 will "hit" on virtually everything
the (l.t.d) will "hit",however the audio will be 'softer" and the v.d.i. will "jump" around more,requiring more "investigating"
of the signal,with the subsequent digging decision made more difficult. in any other site conditions with the coil "off" the ground due to site "cover"
the (l.t.d.) will trump the "standard" f-75 ..it's been my experience in the past that i could go back to a "cooked" site and
find more goodies due to "different" "moisture" content of the soil,however that is just one variable,and of course,there are "many"
others as to "why" a hunt site is never "fried!"..soil erosion, "frost" upheaval etc..etc..etc.. just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Makes sense since I was running BP mode for that hunt and it was short grass. I was mainly playing around hoping for something deeper through all the iron. Maybe should have run it in DE mode. You know how it is, new toy, new modes, gotta try em out:detecting:

absolutely!..as mentioned,"any" cover at all that "lifts" that coil off the surface while the detector is run in (b.p.)
process,and "advantage" to the (l.t.d.!)

(h.h.!)
j.t..

Gonna hit the deep woods tomorrow, should have an opportunity to lift it off the ground for sure. We'll see how it goes! Thanks j.t.!

super environment for the (l.t.d!)
pine needles,leaves,should give a good accounting of itself in the "woods!"
good luck with that!.."button up!" got damn "ticks" are everywhere! just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Ticks are bad in Jersey, Been using this spray for your clothes called Saywer Tick Repellant, works fantastic, haven't had a tick on me for the last 6 times in the woods, and I was coming out with them crawling all over my clothes, 1 treatment will last for about 6 machine washings. Its supposed to kill them when they are crawl on your clothes.

kool!..thanks for sharing!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Got to get some of that stuff, they were bad this morning. Well, found three round balls and enough falsing to last me a few trips. I sure hope to tame this thing before too long, its driving me nuts I remember a good 75-77 signal good one way and so, so in a different direction so I would think DIG. It would turn out to be a small piece of tin or iron deep. I would go over it again and the signal would be gone after I got it out of the hole. I checked in DE mode and it would not be as pronounced, actually if it was my old 75, I probably wouldnt have dug it but the BP mode made it sound goood. This happened quite a few times with VDI's in the 40's, 50's, etc. I know it is a good machine, I just need to find a few things to get to the confidence level that I have with my regular 75. Any tips?

Thanks Bart, lots of good info there. Apparently, I have a lot to learn. Should be fun:beers:

Ex-Sox,hang in there!!! There are times when I just have to start all over(factory default) then start adding more sens. and then began lowering the disc.Also try running in all metals,when you start to get all lot of falsing,switch to AM to verify the high tones as iron falsing,seems to work for me,and keeps me from pulling what little hair I have left out!!!!....hh rick in mi.

Sounds like you had a similar first experience with your LTD that I did! I'm no where close to "Frustration" yet but maybe my crappy story will make you feel better 'bout your first experience... http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,16353

just got my F-75 LTD and will take it for a test drive tomorrow