Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried the Prizm 6T today

Utah Neal

Thanks to Monte, I had the chance to try the Prizm 6T today at an overly soggy park near Portland, Oregon earlier today. I have to say that I was only able to find $.63, however, I only had a small mount of time and there were few targets that would give a solid response. I am impressed with this machine. The TID works extremely well, pinpointing is on par with my MXT and the multi-tones are something that I was able to appreciate more than I realized. This machine is definitely going to be my next purchase. Thanks again Monte and I'll see you hopefully on my next trip to Portland for some detecting.

Neal

Neal, it was great to get to meet up with you. For those stuck in other northern latitudes due to cold and snow you would have enjoyed our day. It was only about 48

I have read elsewhere that Carl from Whites expects the smaller coil for the Prizm to hit dealers in a couple of weeks. I agree that the word explaining the 6t is simple. Simple, light, good TID, back light, multi-tone, all great features. The only negative thing is 3 inches of ice covering my yard. I really am looking forward to getting the 6t dirty.

The 6T is a great little machine. I love its Iron discrimination and it works no probs in the baddest of ground:thumbup:

I just got out today,here in south western Oregon,with my MXT ,Monte is right it was a nice day out .Ha vent detected for a while did find $3.46 in change,1 hot wheels car and a broken ring.Nice to get out. I sure like the looks of that 6T is it as light as the other Prisms? Thinking about getting a Prism for the wife just witch one. I got her a Classic ID and want to up grade..

fourwheelin2you said:
I sure like the looks of that 6T is it as light as the other Prisms? Thinking about getting a Prism for the wife just witch one. I got her a Classic ID and want to up grade..
The Priizm models are not heavy, but I find the Prizm 6T to have the superiors balance and 'feel'. The others, with a 9" or 950, seem to be a bit 'nose-heavy' to me, but the 6T with the new battery housing for the 8-AA alkalines under the arm is just very nicely balanced.

With the full-range notching, fast Auto-Trac circuitry, and functional back-light, just to name three things, I feel the 6T could be considered an upgrade from many models. The coming 'Shooter' DD coil is going to make this model a very nice 2-coil package to have.

Monte

Does the Prism 6T's Tracking work in both All Metal and Discrimination modes?? (I hope it is not like the Tesoro Lobo ST where it only works in the All Metal mode.)

Is it a capable unit for gold prospecting in bad ground or not??

Being a prizm 5 user for over a year & 1/2, I sing the praises of a easy to use, turn & go machine. And did I mention lite, at 2.5 lbs -- its no heavier

than a stick. BUT, when I watched the video on the 6T and saw that you could scroll through and pick which icon to notch out (all the way up the

scale!! ) PLUS it had a "beach mode" I was on it like a dog on a bone - I had to have me one. 200 miles & $ 400 later (thanks Craig) ,

I - had - made - it ! Yes Virgina, the trac is a/c - d/c (it works both ways) and it locks for tough soil.

The 8-AA worry me some, because the prizm 5 (with headphones ) the batteries (2 - 9 volt) seem to last forever. The spider coil sure LOOKS

impressive but, I couldn't really tell any difference between it and the 9.5" coil ??? What I could tell, was that the weight difference. It felt like a

Prizm with a BRICK tied to the coil. You'd think with the batteries under your arm for balance, (compared to the other prizms) and at only 3.5lb that it

would feel sweeter. NOT!! Once I put the 8" coil that I use on my prizm 5, WOW !, now I have a m-d that I can balance and swing with just two

fingers ! I highly recommend any of the Prizm line to everyone who's curious about detecting ( for a easy to use, lite, turn & go) and the 6T is my first

of defense (I use a cz-6a for serious coin shooting, although I am curious about the minelab x-70 ) If you USE any of the prizms and plan to get a

6T, you'd better order, buy, borrow or steal - ether a 9.5" or an 8" coil. Any body else won't notice. Everything else is aces.

peace / out