Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried to Equinox out at a few fields and in the woods

I hit some fields and woods that have been worked since the mid 1700's and gound some goodies with my buddy Donnie.

Very nice finds.

Thanks everyone for looking and I'm glad you enjoyed it's only my second fully intact shoe buckle and it's very similar to the other one I found so it will make a nice display. My buddy found the Indian in a field that had recently been cut and it wasn't down too far about 6in.

That’s a nice old buckle. Great shape. What’s on the flat button? Stripes?

407floyd said:
That’s a nice old buckle. Great shape. What’s on the flat button? Stripes?
Thanks Floyd. Good eye. Yes there are stripes on it. I have never seen one like it so it made my day and the buckle just took my breat away when I saw it come out of the sandbar.

Nice finds I like to hunt off the beaten path..

Thanks Mkus! I have never spent much time researching potential sites using maps even though it is a great eay to save time. I have had just as much fun wandering in the woods and stumbling on foundations or old coins and relics dropped by loggers, hunters, culliers, or anyone else who wandered that eay before me.

Thanks guys!

Here it is in its display.

Nice finds! Ironically, I found my first buckle the other day and it looks very similar to yours. I am trying to put a year or a range of years on mine but I can't imagine it being from the 1700's or even the early 1800's. If that is the case, I need to re-look / re-think at how I approached this area I have been hunting. How old do you think your buckle is? My intention is not to highjack your post, rather I am posting a pic so either yourself or someone else can chime in and provide a range of when this buckle was produced.

P.S. Thank you for service.

That is quite the collection of buckles! I never really hunted for relics as I am more of a suburban coin hunter. This one that I found truly took me by surprise and I can't believe how it was missed by hundreds of others that has hammered the property. Then again, I hunt areas most will never go or even attempt and the finds I have been making prove this. This buckle is one of them.

Thanks a bunch for the comments and for sharing your photo. That is a sweet buckel as well! From what I've been told those buckles are from the 1700s to early 1800s. Also no worries on hijacking the post I do the same thing as well ;-) I like seeing pictures and sharing pictures :) I'm glad you got a chance to hunt a site with some real old relics I really like finding coins but old relics can often be even more special

Foreverteachable said:
Thanks everyone for looking and I'm glad you enjoyed it's only my second fully intact shoe buckle and it's very similar to the other one I found so it will make a nice display. My buddy found the Indian in a field that had recently been cut and it wasn't down too far about 6in.

Awesome finds! Congrats!

Thanks explorer se!

Nice hunt Foreverteachable! At a sight like that there is no telling what that next signal will yield. That sight would be a magnet to me and my coil! Best of luck to you and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks blind squirrel!