Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trifecta of firsts at the old park!

baggins

Had the day off of work on Tuesday, so I went out and hit an old park by where I work...This is the park where I previously dug 4 wheats...well this day I didn't get any wheats, but I did get some firsts of the year! This was the first "full" hunt with my new X-terra 70, I spent about 4 and a half hours at this park, including about an hour of talking with this old cab driver who learned to play sports at this park when he was a kid back in the 40's.....My first find of the day was my very first Buffalo nickle! It is really worn, but at the right angle the date almost appears to be 1923...My second first of the year was my first Mercury dime...again, faint date, but appears to be 1919D..I felt as if I was on fire that day! Also, thanks to all the rain, I had found 10 assorted buttons, 3 more marbles, a watch face, some odd piece of iron that looks sorta like some horse tack, and a buckle tongue...found yet ANOTHER glass bottle stopper (that makes 5 from this park!). Also managed to find an eagle pendant with some type of stones set in it, and TWO rings (my first of the year also!) The one ring is a childs plastic ring that they had designed with hearts on it, and the other ring was about 4" down and appears to be maybe silver covered copper with diamond and reeded design...maybe an old wedding band? Also found other odds and ends, pottery and china pieces, square nails and lots of aluminum..All in all a great full day with my new detector!
As always, thanks for stopping by and taking a look!
Baggins

n/t

Great finds for sure. The X-Terra is one heck of a great detector. I'll bet you spend a lot more time at this park.

Good Hunting, John K

n/t

Well done Baggins!

My first silver dimes dug from a Pittsburgh (North Hills) baseball play area (1985) looked as black mottled as yours too!
Never bothered to clean 'em though...just nice to find.

Good Hunting

Des Dunne
Minelab (ex-Pittsburgher)

Super!!!!