Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trip 5 to the Arboretum

Ronstar

Had some time today so back to the woods. Started in to what I was hoping was the magic arc of where festival goers would have been sitting during the concerts. I hit a full fledged bottle cap graveyard! I must have dug well over 150+ steel caps and pulltabs!
One good thing about digging it all, you do get rewarded!!! Recovered one 51 quarter and two 61 dimes, one clad dime and one Mem penny.

As I began to get out of the “arc” I started to hit lower numbers on the detector and dug a few more of those big 45 cal lead bullets. One smashed 45 cal rifle case and one Remington 32EXL casing. Phone was down to 3% so shut down and finished up.
I’ve included a couple pics of the Arboretum area for reference. Two are back to back, the last is where the bands would have looked out towards the crowds. Note steep hill in background at ridge top, thats gonna hurt to do that......

Attachments

• 0E150CAA-F0B6-403F-9252-1638DB024193.jpeg
    0E150CAA-F0B6-403F-9252-1638DB024193.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 111
  • 4ABCCD05-0216-4AC7-BF7B-FAB6255CE4CA.jpeg
    4ABCCD05-0216-4AC7-BF7B-FAB6255CE4CA.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 129
  • 6818C034-AEA5-4064-ADF0-B6609B412A93.jpeg
    6818C034-AEA5-4064-ADF0-B6609B412A93.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
  • 3FF01B6C-C6E0-4DF3-923A-473E149BEDE1.jpeg
    3FF01B6C-C6E0-4DF3-923A-473E149BEDE1.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 124
Had some time today so back to the woods. Started in to what I was hoping was the magic arc of where festival goers would have been sitting during the concerts. I hit a full fledged bottle cap graveyard! I must have dug well over 150+ steel caps and pulltabs!
One good thing about digging it all, you do get rewarded!!! Recovered one 51 quarter and two 61 dimes, one clad dime and one Mem penny.

As I began to get out of the “arc” I started to hit lower numbers on the detector and dug a few more of those big 45 cal lead bullets. One smashed 45 cal rifle case and one Remington 32EXL casing. Phone was down to 3% so shut down and finished up.
I’ve included a couple pics of the Arboretum area for reference. Two are back to back, the last is where the bands would have looked out towards the crowds. Note steep hill in background at ridge top, thats gonna hurt to do that......
are those thingy's at the top of your plate steel crown caps and pull tabs ? I don't dig any of those thingy's.

Now that you cleaned up on many of the steel caps and pulltabs....pm the coordinates and I can ease your pain and assist with that steep hill 🤭 😁

Ok back to reality... you had a great day Mr. ronstar!! I’m not so sure I would of gone ape 🦍💩 in digging all those steel bottle caps 🤣
I’m exhausted just hearing about it 😂😂
Good luck and hope you find many treasures on the steep hill 👍

By clearing out those damned caps is how the tones cleaned up for the silvers. LUCKILY nearly everything we’ve been digging is in the 3-4” range in soft loose soil. We think this area was cherry picked in the years past too. I know I’m probably getting caps cuz the tone chirps but none the less sometimes other items come to light. I did try bottle cap mode but I don’t have enough time with that to put solid trust into it yet.

I can not forget about the time I went to this spot by a river and found couple of buffalo nickels, a silver Washington and a dateless SLQ. I then climbed this embankment and found quite a a few brass shotgun shell casings... Long story, short, I decided to go back the next day and I pillaged every last brass shotgun casing out of the ground. :ROFLMAO: I must of dug around 60-70 of them. In doing so, it exposed me to finding a silver dime and buffalo nickel. It was a bunch of digging but I had a good feeling I was going to find more and I did.

So I can related to clearing a spot out of junk targets to get to the treasure!

Taking the day of swinging to get all the spring chores up to speed and heading back out tomorrow with jkline to make another waltz around the farm from the other day. Keep ya posted......