Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trip to Mass, RI, Conn.

Andrus(ut)

I have not been posting much this year but have been following the forum. Anyway heading out for my second trip back east to do some swinging. Work has kept me pretty much from hunting so far this year but next week no work scheduled and 8 days straight of swinging.

We did OK last time we went back east but we feel this time we will do better. We understand that everywhere is hunted out, but just to travel and do something different is fun - and I am looking forward to it. If anybody knows - Is Hartford Connecticut OK to Hunt for the most part? I have sent many emails to the parks department and have received no return messages.

Forum is great and everybody keep up the great posting.

Enjoy your time out here. I've hunted Keney Park in Hartford, CT. It's not in the best area, so make sure you're with someone hunting there. I've been there twice myself on some group hunts. From what I know, its given up barber dimes, wheaties, buffalos, indians, merc's, roosies and washington quarters. I didn't get skunked both times I went. Got silver on both hunts. If I think of any other areas near by I'll let you know. Also, look for old stone walls or foundations in woods of old towns. Most town signs have the year they were established on them. Massachusetts has several from the 1600's. HH and good luck on your quest :)

Detecting is illegal on all land in Ct, public and private - except for ME ! (lol). Ct and the rest of New England is rich in history and there are countless places to
hunt- for any specialty: fields, parks, cellar holes, beaches etc. For parks and town greens be sure to check with the town gov't because many town have ordinances against detecting (due to previous morons who made a mess).
Bruce in Ct

yeah Keeny Park is definately in a bad neighborhood. I wouldn't detect it during peak hours, definately not near the evening. Week days, and early AM may be the safest.

If you're around the 2nd Tuesday of the month (May 11th) my detecting club, The Yankee Territory Coinshooters meets at the East Hartford public library. Meetings start around 6:30PM and you're welcome to attend, you could try and hook up with someone willing the share a spot etc. I know members who have detected Keeny Park for decades. This detecting club has been running since 1976. I can't find a "new" spot without someone saying, on yeah me and so and so hit that about 10 years ago, or so and so got this and that from there 5 years ago etc after having pounded it 20 years before that!

PM me if you want some more information.

Jai