Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trip to Whites Museum

dougmoore34

I spent the predawn hours setting up for a concrete pour this morning near Sweethome, OR [the home of Whites Electronics]. First off let me just say that I love my TR and it hunts as good or better than anything they had to show me in their demo room. Ok now thats out of the way... So right off of the top I will tell you IF you drive half way across the country to see their museum you are going to be mad. If however your near you should stop in for a visit. I walked in the door all grunge and tattoos [fresh from work]. I was greeted by smiling faces and no admission fee. After the little [but cool] museum I ran for the Demo room. I told the guy flat out that I was to poor to buy anything they had, but I was interested in pin pointers. Anyway we looked at the Bullseye II...still nothing new or great. I was told flat out that there was little or no chance that they would be marketing a waterproof pin pointer. Aside from that nothing else to report except I am glad that I took the time to stop for a visit.
Doug in OR

very cool doug what part of or. are ya in? i used to live near milton freewater on the washington side over there yonder by walla walla....that was when i was a teen though.

Dobbie, drove through Milton Freewater a couple of months ago on a short get away with my wife. Spent the night in Walla Walla and did a little "tecting". I live in Gresham, Oregon, used to live in Prosser, Wa just up the road aways from Milton Freewater. Our High School football team used to play you guys once in a while.

[quote dougmoore34] -snip-Whites Electronics]. First off let me just say that I love my TR and it hunts as good or better than anything they had to show me in their demo room.-snip-
Doug in OR[/quote]
Doug: Why don't you grace these pages with a photo of your TR so that we can appreciate it also. My first detector was a White's Coinmaster 6/DB, a TR detector.

Golden Silver

I type to you from Opera on my WII. There will be no pics from me. Send me a phone number and I can flood your phone with coin and TR pics on the spot. Maybe one of these days I'll hook my PC up to the internet and upload a few pics. Till then my cell phone is good enough. Besides laying in bed and typing is just better if ya are lazy like me.
Doug in OR

[quote dougmoore34]I type to you from Opera on my WII. There will be no pics from me. Send me a phone number and I can flood your phone with coin and TR pics on the spot. Maybe one of these days I'll hook my PC up to the internet and upload a few pics. Till then my cell phone is good enough. Besides laying in bed and typing is just better if ya are lazy like me.
Doug in OR[/quote]
Thanks for the phone offer, Doug, but I'll wait until you come online. Do tell, though, what model detector you use as I can probably see it on Google Images.

My favorite detector was my Discovery 2200. I just really did well with her. I bought a Time Ranger and gave the 2200 to my brother. The TR is a fine unit, but I am still learning her. Just now getting to where I can pop coins from the ground with my probe again...I hate slowing down to dig a plug. Before the 2200 there was a sporadic series of detector including a Coinmaster that I still miss some days. I wish I had more experience with a greater diversity of machines like a few of the guys but Iam just a novice and thats ok. Give it another 15 or 20 years and I might be a Senior Novice or something. [GRIN]
Happy Hunting,
Doug in OR

dougmoore34 said:
My favorite detector was my Discovery 2200. I just really did well with her. I bought a Time Ranger and gave the 2200 to my brother. The TR is a fine unit, but I am still learning her. Just now getting to where I can pop coins from the ground with my probe again...I hate slowing down to dig a plug. Before the 2200 there was a sporadic series of detector including a Coinmaster that I still miss some days. I wish I had more experience with a greater diversity of machines like a few of the guys but Iam just a novice and thats ok. Give it another 15 or 20 years and I might be a Senior Novice or something. [GRIN]
Happy Hunting,
Doug in OR
I still miss my ol' Teknetics Mark I Ltd but I gotta do the best with what I have which is a decent detector for city parks and, possibly, for other non-demanding locations as well. I don't do relic hunting, or find myself anywhere near woods. I also found a ton with an old Coinmaster, a 6/DB. Paid the dues with that one featuring just an intensity meter. Now, in my "old" age, I don't mind getting down on my knees and taking my time cutting a nice, small, hinged plug; the rest of the buried coins, etc., will wait until I get to them