Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Triple $ilver Day! :yo:

Bill Ladd

Have I mentioned enough times how I love hitting this old trashy park after work?? Usually you get about 3 hours light to swing & it started off very slowly with the F75LTD....I was getting frustrated digging out all kinds of nails & aluminum, but often if you rid that stuff from the ground the coins come. Last time I used the T2 with disc 21 & 2 tones......this time I wanted to see if the F75 would do just as well with the compressed iron range. Folks say 4 or 6 disc will break up the nails (depending on nail type, etc). So, I split the difference & ran disc 5 & sensitivity 90 & it worked great! The plan was to use the 5" DD coil but I didn't have it in the trunk. But no matter....the stock coil kicked butt. I stayed in the same area I had been working & last time was happy pullin out 2 indians & 2 wheats. Today the silver showed up, but I never expected a trifecta!.....
But again I filled both pouch pockets with junk to get to 'em. There's an 1898 & 1909 Barber dime, & a 1917 Merc Dime. Also a cool mens cuff link with a stone (maybe an opal or something?) Too bad it's not gold.
For those that wonder if I just bury the trash back.......there would be no pictures of coins if I did so. This park, known for old coins, has been pounded since the early 70's. There have been multiple club hunts there including in the last few years even. I'm hunting around where an old building was & the key to getting even 1 coin a day now is to unmask by removing all trash items. Nails & iron overloads everywhere. The 1909 Barber showed up under a shallow iron overload.
As I said before....it's a blast to succeed in a place everyone else has given up on. Now it could get even better with the smaller coils. That's the next test......
HH,
Bill

WTG! Bill!
I agree..been hunting the same park for 25yrs now and its a big rush to find something everyone else missed!
I will be hitting that park hard this weekend, hopefully I'll have something to post Sunday night.
Congrats!:thumbup:

As always, nice finds. Thanks for the advice and settings. Sure gonna use them. CCH

This post should be an inspiration to new people, as well as seasoned detectorists. It takes time, and extra effort to find good targets in junked out parks.
Bill Ladd is truly one of the supreme people in our hobby with his knowledge, and know how.. Bill proves to us, over, and over..You can still find Silver.
Thank You Bill..I am so glad you have started posting again.

Way to go again Bill!

I have the same mindset as you and love those small coils for sifting through the trash. I've become accustomed to the noise because I know I'll find a keeper laying between junk targets.
I don't even mind finding clad that way because I know a lot of coils have gone over it and missed.

Have a good time!
Mike

At most all my sites, especially the old house sites in all the nails........
Thankfully the T2/F75 is allowing me to re-hunt all my old sites & prove they were never hunted out & probably never will fully be.
If Fisher is working on new designs, I would hope the main focus would be upon capabilites in iron masking over other bells & whistles. These masked coins aren't that deep so I don't need any more boosts or anything......weather it be new coils, a mode, crazy expanded iron range from 0-60, some new tone idea, or whatever it takes?? An updated TR-like mode or something? Getting in the iron is the way to go...
HH,
Bill

outrageous!..bill! tons of parks like this!..wish i had "2" lifetimes to hunt 'em!
just sayin!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

WTG Bill............hh
Dan