Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

trouble starting up WM10

shep

First, charged both detector and WM10. Have used CTX for over a month, but thought it's time to try the remote. Read the manual and did as it says, I'm pretty sure???
I turn on both detector and WM10. Set CTZ to wireless enable and connect. Push pairing button till orange flashes, after abit I get the beep tones then red flashing. I try another channel thru to 14 all the same. I even tried resetting the WM10 and went thru the process again. Been doing it in my shop, but even tried out in my driveway, no difference.
Am I doing something wrong? I'd contact the dealer who I bought it from, but his family is having family issues at this time and I don't want to bother him.

Appreciate any help! Shep

Here are a couple links to posts early on. Maybe they will help:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1713113
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1712038

Appreciate the quick reply! and I did a search before I posted but didn't word it right I guess- Trouble setting up WM10? AnywayThanks, I'll try it tomorrow evening! and let you all know.
Shep

Charged WM10 again overnight. Took it out of garage and aimed speakers at speakers, held close, held farther away and still getting red blinking lights?????????? Ran thru the different channels-NADA?????
Have a friend living south of me, maybe he can show me how he did his?????

Shep

To activate the wireless, I first turn on the detector, then turn on the wireless mod with the left pad. When the mod is turned on, press and hold the pad on the right. Then go to the detector's menu item for Wireless, highlight it and press select. The next item is Wireless Enable.....highlight it and press select. Then drop down to Connect and press select. Use the right and left arrows to select a channel. Then, press select. The mod should then sync up with the detector. When it does, I use the pinpoint toggle to get me back to the main screen.
If it doesn't do it within a few seconds on a certain channel, use the arrow pad to physically change channels and try Select again. If after going through all the channels, it still doesn't connect, you might try resetting the module. There is a place on the front of it where you can reset it with a paper clip.

Once wireless is enabled and WM 10 is connected, all audio is expected to be generated by the WM 10 even if it is turned off. Disable wireless to return audio to the detector.

The WM 10 Pairing LED may blink red occasionally when the WARM appears to be working correctly. This indicates a deterioration in radio communications and is for information only.

It is only necessary to perform the connection procedure once. After initial connection the detector and WM 10 will connect automatically.

HH Randy