Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trouble with Headhunter Pulse Coil Swap

foggynotion

I am seeking advice on why this, what I think is a coil off of an Eric Foster machine, will not work on my HHPI. It meters out at 996 uh and 10 ohms, which I believe should work. I have included a pic of the original connector that was on the coil. I replaced it with an HHPI connector. I have successfully wired these connectors before and I have double checked it to ensure it is wired correctly.

It will only detect a very large target maybe 1 or 2 inches from the coil.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I don't know. I bought it by itself, but it looks brand new, like it was never used. I thought if it were defective, the inductance and resistance probably would not meter correctly..

I included a pic of the connector, so that maybe somebody ca n identify what detector it is made for.

Isn't 996 uh close enough to 1 mh? 4 uh isn't much. The resistance is 10 ohms.

I bought the coil because the inductance and resistance were correct to work with the HHPI.

May be a coil for the GoldScan series, could be wrong.

Let us know if you figure out the problem.

Paul

I suggest you contact Eric Foster on the Technology Forum here. He has been very helpful and probably has the most insight on what you are trying to accomplish.

ROBOCOP