Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Troy Shadow X 2 GB adjustment

Hey everyone, I played a bit yesterday with my X2 with 5.75" White Con. coil. I used it for years with much success with the 9" Spider and Super 7", and really enjoyed that machine! I thought to check the GB for any changes with having the 5.75 on it and didn't really see any problems. It worked great on some of the coins I have buried in the yard , but having been so long since I actually have checked the GB, I noticed that the GB seemed to be maybe a hair (tiny) on the neutral to even neg. side. Could just be me and I am not likely to want to make any adjustments since I know it works plenty well enough as is with all of my coils. It did though put me to wondering about how "I" could go about the adjustment without screwing it up if I ever had too. I did a search and must have read 400 post talking about the X2 GB adjustment but not the first post by someone with specifics that has done the adjustment (on inside pot.) of an x2 "without" the mod.. Maybe I just missed it so if there is anyone with some first hand OJT I bet there are also others that would enjoy some input. Thanks and HH, Charlie

fowlercharles, I'm sure Monte could be of help to you on the GB adjustment of your X2. I wish I had a fraction of Monte's information on metal detectors.....:)
I recently picked up a very nice X2 with the super 7 coil, but bad weather hit before I could take it out. Sure looking forward to spring and being able to swing a coil again..........HH

Roger

I wouldn't mess with it you do know Tesoro covers the X2 it was made by them, and they honor it. I have had Rusty check out my Troy ShadowX2s in past. If you feel it needs some adjustment send it in.

if I ever do tinker with the X2 GB I will have to let everyone know how it went. Not likely will I go through that again. Not with the SW anyway! . I went that route when I discovered one of my Sidewinder's Threshold was way off and for some reason things went "sideWAYS"soon as I started in on it. Monte has described the Sidewinders as being a little Quirky in their makeup so it may have been something going on with its's inards that wasn't ready for my tinkering. For some reason after several attempts it got right and now works great. I think I sent the X2 back to the shop 3-4 years ago as well as some of my other Tesoro machines. Never for anything other than check/tuneup I'm not about to tinker with the X2 without some specific directions. Tesoro folks have always been the greatest folks (especially Rusty ) to deal with (in my 30 years) and it does not make any sense to tinker on adjustments unless by using those described in their manual, or "maybe" some very specific successful directions from someone that has" been there and dunit." Hey JB, I didn't realize you folks in N. Ms. shut down digging in the winter. Maybe I should have though, I was raised in S. Ar. and as a kid I remember the winters (and summers) were plenty bad enough to want to "vacate." Shoot, It was not as bad then though as a kid but now as an old fart I can hardly get outside winter or summer. Y'all dig when you can, and HH , Charlie