Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Troy Shadow X2 Value

Dave0

What is a nice Troy Shadow X2 with 7" and 9"coil worth?

It really all depends on how bad a detectorist wants to own the combo:thumbup: I already have mine that I will never part with cause it works for me (in my ground conditions) and Troy made some quality units!

People are willing to pay way too much for this units. They are good but do not perform any better than a any better than a Silver Sabre uMax. The only advantage they have over the Sabre is the coin check and my 3D or Triple Discrimination mod beats that hands down. You can do a search under my name and see several posts on it. A video that another fellow can be viewed HERE.

Now to answer your question. I sold a Troy X2, that I had upgraded to my 3D discrimination, here on this forum a couple of years ago for $220. I personally think they are worth in the $175 to $200 range.

I have bought three separate Silver Sabre uMax machines between $145 and $175. Its true that you have to wait for a machine in this price range because these also bid to excessive levels.

I don't know why it is not mentioned in relation to talk of X2's and Silver Sabre uMax's more often, but the Cibola is the descendant of those machines. It is a fine machine, and is functionally identical to them, less the coin check on the X2.

Texadillo said:
It really all depends on how bad a detectorist wants to own the combo:thumbup: I already have mine that I will never part with cause it works for me (in my ground conditions) and Troy made some quality units!

Troy didn't make the units, just a rebranded Silver Sabre by Tesoro. His babies were actually the X3 and X5 that he had Fisher manufacturer to his design.

Bleaver said:
People are willing to pay way too much for this units. They are good but do not perform any better than a any better than a Silver Sabre uMax. The only advantage they have over the Sabre is the coin check and my 3D or Triple Discrimination mod beats that hands down. You can do a search under my name and see several posts on it. A video that another fellow can be viewed HERE.

Now to answer your question. I sold a Troy X2, that I had upgraded to my 3D discrimination, here on this forum a couple of years ago for $220. I personally think they are worth in the $175 to $200 range.

I have bought three separate Silver Sabre uMax machines between $145 and $175. Its true that you have to wait for a machine in this price range because these also bid to excessive levels.

I don't know why it is not mentioned in relation to talk of X2's and Silver Sabre uMax's more often, but the Cibola is the descendant of those machines. It is a fine machine, and is functionally identical to them, less the coin check on the X2.

BLeaver is right the cult following of the Machines are just that . they are great little detectors and super 7 coil is one of the best coils around . but people want to keep or place a price far out of its range unless it is new mint in box unused . I have owned three of them at the same time and paid over 275.00 for all of them except the one mentioned he had and I paid the 220.00 for it and still have it and use it as the Mod he did is absolutely outstanding . I want sell it ever .

Barry,

I'm happy that you still appreciate your X2 with the 3D Modification. As you know the mod It makes your X2 discrimination system equivalent to a Golden Sabre uMax with out tones. The categorization of targets with the switch makes tones a moot point as activating the switch tells you which range the target is in.
I've seen the threads become active recently bemoaning the unavailability of the Golden Sabre. I never post with any reference to the Golden in the Subject line as I am sure the post would be removed. It is a shame as it is a much easier change than is the ground balance mod that is so popular. The increase in good targets recovered much more impressive with the 3d triple discrimination mod than the ground balance mod will ever produce for the majority of detectorists. That is my opinion, admittedly a biased one.

n/t

I saw one go for more than that earlier in the year. I am about to post it on here also.

325.00 in my opinion! But must be in great condition.

I did sell mine. It was in good condition. Sold it in one day.:clapping:

n/t