Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Troy Super 9" coil?

HaroldILL.

Well finally found a Troy Super 9 Coil I heard so much about. As mentioned below it works well on Golden uMax without mixing the Tones, But not as Hot as I thought? My 8" Brown Donut is at least a Half inch hotter in My Mild ground and Air testing. With all the hype thought it would be hotter? Then again I have a Hot Donut coil on My Golden so don't want to send it in to be calibrated to Super 9 as May mess it up. Anyways anyone else find Super 9 to not be all that?

Harold I picked up a mint condition Troy Super 9" coil some time back but always seemed to favor the smaller Troy 7" coil on my X2. I have read in the past that not all coils (like detectors) are created equal....some may be a little "hotter" due to tighter tolerances :shrug: Then again maybe the Golden's internal ground balance is adjusted more optimum for the 8" brown concentric coil? My Shadow 9" coil did give me a little more depth over the 7" coil after I readjusted the internal ground balance trim-pot but I just prefer the 7" coil for most of my hunting. Best of luck and HH!

Had one I bought from a fellow that was new , put it on my X2 and tried it it was OK but nothing to brag about the 8 inch brown coil seemed to be about 1 to 2 inch deeper so sold it cant remember who I sold it too because they really wanted one like I did AT THE TIME . what I finally decided is the stock 7 inch coil is the best coil for the X2 and I still say the coil they put on the Mojave is the super 7 with a different sticker LOL . Have found a lot of silver coins and nice tokens over 8 inches with my X2 and super 7 coil

I agree on that mojave coil. I think it is the same one from the X2. I am thinking of getting one of those to try myself.

I've never used the 9 but I do have a troy super 7 coil that was wonky and sent it in. They rewound it to Troy spec and rebuilt it for me.
As for being the same as the Mojave precision 7 I haven't done thorough testing on that. I was told that the Troy is wound different and the way it's wound is patented by Troy still, so they maintain the precision 7 isn't the same as far as how it's made. I doubt they would chance any patent infringement considering how easily they could check and file a suit. Tesoro is allowed to rebuild and fix the Troy coils like they were contracted to manufacture the detector, but the way they were made can't be made and sold under any other name than Troy. Not sure if they are equal functionally though.

It's on my list to test them head to head on same detector to see. However without a test garden I can't really properly compare them besides on air tests which aren't very reliable as far as how they work in real life.

As far as how it works, before the mojave was released when I sent the coil in, I also sent my Deleon in with it and after they rebuilt the coil I had them tune my Deleon to it. And man, that is one sweet combo for coin and jewelry hunting :)

My used X2 came with the 9" coil and was a little deeper in air tests than my Silver with 8" coil. The Silver was a tad better on the Nail Board Test; coil size or machine?
Sold the Silver in favor of the X2 since it was something different than what most have.