Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Troy X2 Super 7 vs Tesoro uMax 7" Concentric Coil

morelic1955

Does anyone know the difference between the two? I have seen alot of people wanting the Troy coil lately.

The X2 coil has a thinner profile, it's black in color and has a different decal:). Seriously, the transmit windings may be a little larger in diameter (maybe placed closer to the edge of the coil) than the standard 7 inch Tesoro coil as the "Super 7" seems to have a little larger footprint and a tad more depth, but I think the biggest reason they are sought after is the hype that surrounded them when the X2 was released. The X2 coils were proclaimed to be reverse wound and therefore capable of better performance than a coil with conventional windings, but Troy Galloway told me on the phone and Jack Gifford told Jay Sims, that the X2 coils were conventionally wound Tesoro coils in black housings. That reverse wound BS was nonsense, even if it could be made work it would result in decreased performance, but it sold a lot of X2's and Shadow coils and some still believe it. Having said all that, I have to admit I prefer the thinner profile "Super 7" X2 coil and have one on my Golden

I don't have the 7" Troy coil in my aresenal, but do use the 7" Tesoro quite often, both the concentric and the widescan. I've had good results with both and especially like the concentric for coin shooting in parks. My two bits.
Bill

Thanks for the info..................:tesoro:

Probably not a lot as the Tesoro originals aren't very heavy in the first place. I enjoy swinging them.
Cheers,
Bill

I don't know the actual weight of either coil but the "Super 7" feels a little lighter and easier to swing. Kinda hard to judge as my other detectors are so much heavier than the Golden that it feels almost like swinging nothing anyway:).

[size=medium]I am sure of these observations and opinions: