Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRUE or FALSE..... cell phones

EARTHLINGX

cell phones become TRANSMITTERS at certain points while hunting and can cause chatter with your detector and coil?????

Beside's cell phone interferance, have y'all ever had yours snap,crackle and pop when there are thunderstorms in the area? I dont mean close I mean miles away. My Cibola will sound like a box of Rice Crispies if a storm is within 15 miles or so...d2

Erm YES!! A detector is a wideband reviever so will pick up most noise of this sort. Cell's direct inject into the control box due to high power (2W) output. IN theory though, the lock in amp (demodulator) of most VLF detectors SHOULD tune out the noise. I guess poor and sloppy (cheap) design is to blame in most cases.

It's funny you mentioned cell phones. My cell phone stopped displaying a screen when I first used my detector . Now and than, the screen comes on and off, but the phone works fine. I just don't know who is calling me.Just wandering if anybody else has had a similiar experience.

people, people, people

i am talking about TRANSMITTER not receiver