Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trust the XP Deus programs

WoofWoof

Today I quickly hit a site that I just got permission to hunt. Fired up the Fisher F75 SE and started sweeping. Super trashy area and could not get that thing settled down. Switch to the trusty XP Deus, run it in basic 1 with a ground balance -1 below what the automatic read, cranked up the disc to 50 and sens. to 80. Dug four holes, 2 Wheaties (1915 D & 1924) 1 small silver charm, 1 chunk of chrome. I'll hit the place hard Friday.

Lesson learned- trust the programs that are built in.

You say to trust the programs that are built in, but you made adjustments to one. I'm not sure of your point. And the Disc to 50 sounds very extreme to me. You are blocking much more than iron at that point. Why not adjust the tones to low tone everything up to 50?

Well I certainly screwed up that post! Guess that's what happens when you get addle brained. Disc was 5.0 not 50, the point I was trying unsuccessfully to make is that the existing programs have enough flexibility to suit any ground condition.

Your post makes much more sense now. I also find the stock programs to be very stable. A reboot is all that is required to wipe out the mess of a bad configuration.

I generally stick with the stock gmp here in the uk, although coke can be a major problem on some fields and end up raising the disc to 30

Nine Excellent Programs on the Deus just use them and don't mess with them :thumbup:

H H to everyone.

Les :ukflag:

WoofWoof said:
Today I quickly hit a site that I just got permission to hunt. Fired up the Fisher F75 SE and started sweeping. Super trashy area and could not get that thing settled down. Switch to the trusty XP Deus, run it in basic 1 with a ground balance -1 below what the automatic read, cranked up the disc to 50 and sens. to 80. Dug four holes, 2 Wheaties (1915 D & 1924) 1 small silver charm, 1 chunk of chrome. I'll hit the place hard Friday.

Lesson learned- trust the programs that are built in.

Agreed! basic 1 is very good. I just barely modified mine to my liking.