Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRX answers

Rob (IL)

I answered a post on another forum about the TRX.

The TRX is not as loud as the GP. If you want it louder, you can take out the seal over the speaker hole but then water can enter at that point like it can with the GP. Whites is not claiming the TRX is waterproof, but I had my empty case under water for hours with no leak. So dry or loud take your choice.

The plastic case is not cheap. If you are worried you can put a cover on the tip like users of the GP. The case is made to be able to replaced by the user. One screw and the insides slide out with no worry about damaging the switch like on the GP. Nice to not have to send the TRX in for a case replacement.

I have no idea about the warranty, call Whites about that. You will have to figure that out any removal yourself. I never did it. The membrane is thin. I only use the vibrate function and I like mine weatherproof.

I was just saying you can have it loud or weatherproof. I'm not telling you to remove the membrane.

Modifications typically void the warranty. Use vibrate mode in addition to sound or change the change the tone using the configuration mode.

I like the GP but the TRX is not as loud as the GP but if you use it in vibrate mode with beep WORKS GREAT ! Plus i do like the fact i can turn my TRX up or DOWN .....GP can not do this ...I think whites has ANOTHER WELL MADE PRODUCT

I'm very impressed with the trx. I also only use vibrate and prefer it to be weatherproof. Great pointer.