Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRX Buzzer

TN Mike

Was wondering if anyone could explain how to get into the buzzer pitch menu, as I cant seem to access it. I hold the button down till it makes the power off sound, keep holding until it makes the "config mode melody", then release then press the button 1x, then press and hold? Just seems to go back into the "Signaling Menu".. I'm not doing something right lol.. Got the sensitivity set and the audio switched off, only running the buzzer but would like to know what the buzzer pitch is..

Here is the guide I'm using:

White's TRX Extended User Manual (c) 2015 DL3GAZ
Normal usage
Switch on Short press of button
Ground Grab Short press of button while TRX on ground
Remove Ground Grab Short press of button while TRX in air
Reset reminder signal Short press of button
Switch off Press button for one second
Menu Concept and Usage
The menus are entered via switching TRX off and holding the button depressed. After a while, a short
melody will be played to indicate TRX is in Config Mode.
The sequence of pressing the button after the Config Mode melody selects the menu or special
function.
Menus with a choice to make are always entered with a depressed button. TRX will then cycle
through all available options. Release the button to select the desired option. TRX will permanently
store this setting and return to normal operation.

Button Sequences after Config Mode Melody
Access to Signalling menu Continue to hold button
Access to Sensitivity menu Release, then press and hold
Access to Buzzer Pitch menu Release, press 1x, then press and hold
Make Sensitivity menu first Release, press 3x
Factory Reset: Release, press 6x

Good to know:
1) Everything, including the speaker opening, is waterproof to 3 m.
2) Vibration and buzzer will always perform self-test on power up and power down, even if vibration
or buzzer are switched off in the menu.
3) There is no way to switch off the LED.
4) After 5 minutes of usage with no button pressed a cyclic reminder signal will sound.
5) The TRX has 3 menus (i) Signalling (ii) Sensitivity (iii) Buzzer Pitch and several special functions.

Well after rereading this a couple times it seems that the "Buzzer" is the audio tone, not the vibration... But I still cant seem to get the pitch of the "Buzzer" audio to change. Thanks for any help.

The directions you posted are correct.

After the "config" tone plays, you release, then press once, release, and press and hold. The TRX will cycle through different pitches - when you hear the one you want, release the button and it will hold the selection.