Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRX in harsh dirt

Carter NY

Hats off to Whites for making a DEEP seeking probe. I used some Culpeper VA dirt and I was very impressed.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZUGu5S6KTk[/video]

Thanks for the test. I have that TRX and it blows away my Garrett.

How come you did not have to "tune the TRX to the ground" on the first test at 3-3.5" deep (to keep it quiet) but needed to do it on the second test of the 4.5" deep target? That "tuning to the ground" you did reduced the sensitivity greatly (like you show when you get close to the target)...

The TRX was perfectly silent (like the Garrett/Minelab) on the red dirt when you turned it on away from the target on the first test. And for the first test the sound from the TRX was relatively strong, showing that it was picking up the target much better than when at it's maximum distance and just slightly clicking - it looked like it had more distance to go until it would not get that target.

No way the extra inch on the second test eliminated the target entirely - the de-sensitivity did....