Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TRX or dx1 for v3i.

If you have multiple detectors I would go with the TRX. The DX-1 is dedicated to one machine.
I looked really hard at them myself. I decided to stay with my old pro pointer. I am going to use the
money to buy a smaller coil.

TRX....... without a doubt.

If you go with the TRX or any battery powered pointer you always need to have batteries for it... So if you are using the Whites wireless headphones with it you will need two sets of batteries AND extra batteries. That cost not only adds up after awhile but is a PITA when you have to make sure you have all your extra batteries with you and just want to go detecting... That battery headache alone made me get the DX1. PLUS the DX1 is awesome at pinpointing. The main downside to the DX1 is it adds a little weight to your detector whereas the handheld pointer can be worn on the belt and taken out when needed. The DX1 pinpoints amazingly well and in pinpoint mode on the V3i you can actually see how far you are away from the target in inches.

You can use the dx1 in discriminate and see the info on your screen, "same as coil" or no motion all metal, these options are sellers for me. I have both and to me it's the dx1. good luck.

Yowow is correct, except when you have multiple detectors the price gets ridiculous. I had a DX1 and liked it but right now 3 inline pinpointers is more than I want.

All the above posts succinctly outline the pros and cons of the SunRay and the TRX.
You can't go wrong with either one. Both are quality products. Your decision will come down to your personal situation. Personally I have a D-1 on my M6, and had to get a TRX for the rest of the machines in the stable.
I love both. Not the most efficient way to do it pricewise, but what can I say?

A man gotta have his toys! That's part of the fun.

Cheers

In thinking I'm gonna list my new trx on the classifieds for trade toward a dx1. Can't use the trx with my water unit!! HAHAHA. And my other land machine has a probe I just needed some nudging in the decision I love the trx only had it a couple days never outside just airtesting in the house. The thing I like about the spectra over my other unit is the trigger lock in pinpointer. That's a decision makers for me as well dx1 it is again thank you. For all the responses Best of luck HH c t