Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Try this tip on bottle caps with Equinox

Mark kus

If you suspect a bottle cap under your coil try pumping the coil over it the numbers will bounce all over
You then know almost certainly it’s a bottle cap try it.

Mkus said:
If you suspect a bottle cap under your coil try pumping the coil over it the numbers will bounce all over
You then know almost certainly it’s a bottle cap try it.

Thanks for the tip! So, should we assume that a coin will get more stable numbers?

Tried this last week. Failed for me hunting in multi freq. if I change to 10kHz the target ID jumps way up 10 digits or so. But the pumping method is a fail.

Rich

Ive pretty well mastered those babies now on the beach. Most give a double tone.....oddly high tone on the front of the coil and neg. Digits just off the back. Dang deep ones come in at around 10.... and pretty hard to tell until a scoop is out.....and the there are the corona. ..

Hi,
IMHO that method works best in All Metal.

I had several iffy high 20's low 30's mixed with a dash of iron grunt and -4 -5 numbers. I pumped coil over targets , due to a video I seen, and numbers changed to -7 -8 no positive numbers at all.. dug them and all were wheat pennies with nails in the hole with them. Some were also on edge.. I'm finding alot of on edge coins with the nox.. so I don't pump coil now.

basstrackerman said:
I had several iffy high 20's low 30's mixed with a dash of iron grunt and -4 -5 numbers. I pumped coil over targets , due to a video I seen, and numbers changed to -7 -8 no positive numbers at all.. dug them and all were wheat pennies with nails in the hole with them. Some were also on edge.. I'm finding alot of on edge coins with the nox.. so I don't pump coil now.

That's the only way to know for sure Bill!!v Good job :clap:
Laplander