Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trying ou the Kruzer

COINHAWKER

Went on a maiden voyage with the Kruzer today on the beach. Was not impressed with depth in wet saturated salt sand. Couldn't get real depth. Not surprised as vlf machines struggled in this area. Everything worked as far as I could tell. Ground balance worked in 3 tones. Found a worn Buffalo nickel. Found a few clad plus deep rusty bottlecaps in the dry sand. Easy to tell them from coins. Late afternoon went to a soccer area I had hit many times in the past. Found 2 quarters, 3 nickels, British coin, dime, copper pennies and a bonus Kennedy half dollar spill of 4. Need to test this machine further.

You did good with those finds. Congratulations!
What signal did you get on the four Kennedy halves?
Tony

Wow. Found a spill of Half dollars!?!? Nice!

I think this detector has the ability to separate some good stuff out of the trash. I have been really happy with 3T and think it will find some stuff that was masked that you wouldn’t have found before. I also think the ability to move tone breaks and turn off I iron volume down is also going to a great asset. Right now I would agree that the depth isn’t as much as some other detectors.

I got a couple of 6” quarters so far, but that’s about as deep as I have gotten. Congrats on the Hallf dollars.

-CS

My air test depth and in ground actuall depth is like night and day! I'll say one thing, the Kruzer loves nickels.

\"Carolina\" said:
My air test depth and in ground actuall depth is like night and day! I'll say one thing, the Kruzer loves nickels.

Carolina would you say in ground depth is deeper ? I've just been testing with different gold rings set at different orientations in air to see how the detector performs. I really need to get to a beach and see how it does in saltwater down here in the Gulf of Mexico. Watching the pre release videos in wet sand and in saltwater the detector appeared to perform really well. I just hope I can get the same real world results that we witnessed in the videos.

kajunman said:

Carolina would you say in ground depth is deeper ? I've just been testing with different gold rings set at different orientations in air to see how the detector performs. I really need to get to a beach and see how it does in saltwater down here in the Gulf of Mexico. Watching the pre release videos in wet sand and in saltwater the detector appeared to perform really well. I just hope I can get the same real world results that we witnessed in the videos.

kajunman: My experience so far is air test are twice the distance as in ground test or more. My first experience in saltwater and damp sand I used the number of scoops required to retrieve a target as a judgement of depth. This seems to be inaccurate. Possibly pin point issues required more scoops and target in sidewalk may have slid to the bottom of hole?
My second test was actual coins buried and scanned in damp sand. Also in two feet of water I placed coins on the bottom and raised the coil to see depth in beach mode. to say a US clad coin would give a audible signal at 6" is a stretch. In damp sand 8". My settings were as follows in 19 kHz. Beach mode, GB 00, disc. 00, notch 15, T break 16, iron off, volume 3, gain on damp sand 75 to 77. gain in water at two feet 80. At a depth of 3' gain could be raised to 99 if sweep speed was kept around 3' per second.

I will be interested to hear your report from the gulf.

Carolina

\"Carolina\" said:

kajunman: My experience so far is air test are twice the distance as in ground test or more. My first experience in saltwater and damp sand I used the number of scoops required to retrieve a target as a judgement of depth. This seems to be inaccurate. Possibly pin point issues required more scoops and target in sidewalk may have slid to the bottom of hole?
My second test was actual coins buried and scanned in damp sand. Also in two feet of water I placed coins on the bottom and raised the coil to see depth in beach mode. to say a US clad coin would give a audible signal at 6" is a stretch. In damp sand 8". My settings were as follows in 19 kHz. Beach mode, GB 00, disc. 00, notch 15, T break 16, iron off, volume 3, gain on damp sand 75 to 77. gain in water at two feet 80. At a depth of 3' gain could be raised to 99 if sweep speed was kept around 3' per second.

I will be interested to hear your report from the gulf.

Carolina

That probably won't happen until next weekend. Maybe. I'm so busy with work. In fact I'm going to work today. If I get off early enough I want to take the M Kruzer for a little spin as I have not yet hunted with it.

Maybe you got a lemon. Sometimes it happens. I think Makro will try and take care of you though. Would be nice to see them send you another machine to test vs the one you have. If mine does not perform up to the standards of the pre release videos I will be disappointed and will comment as such. However I'm hoping it's a hit. I have the Nox 800 on order as well. So we'll see.