Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trying to figure what to get

I ordered a Deus II with the 9" coil so I can get around stuff, and it's a pleasant and effective size, with the hopes that they will come out with a bigger coil. I'm sure the 11" is nice too. 13" x 11" would really seem sweet for the beach. If not, then I'm sure I'll end up with the 11".

Yeah, I saw that right after making my post above. Some really like the 11" because it fills their needs and it's well balanced and not real heavy. The 11" x 13" is going to be fantastic for wide open quiet areas, with plenty of depth. I remember some thinking 11"x13" felt a little nose heavy because of the position of the shaft to the cool. Hopefully this has been addressed and it's well balanced. I can't comment because I've never used one, but I plan on buying one when they do come out.
I have a 15" NEL Attack, like a wot, on my Excalibur II, and I can definitely feel it by the end of the day. I'm glad they're not coming out with anything bigger. 😁

I don't even want to think about swinging a 15' coil. In 2020 I underwent out patient surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff and a ripped bicep in my left shoulder and arm. I spent the better part of 2021 recovering from this surgery. It took a lot longer to recover from this than I had planned. For now, the 11' coil and the 8' Sunray coil on my Safari will do just fine. I'll be turning 66 on the 21st of this month , so I'm no longer a spring chicken......just an old crow. Lol

The 11” coil was never a primary coil for me -however since most of the Deus ii coming in are 11”,it’s what I took. They say couple of months to get the 9” coil as accessory so I Will be getting plenty of swing time on the 11” and I’ll get used to it. When I watch UK detecting video it’s clear why they prefer the 11” over there- those fields go on forever.