Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

trying to find first gold

Good luck! I remember my first gold to this day as if it happened yesterday. Try the first 30 ft of shoreline...so say 15 feet of wetsand and 15 ft of surf. Get in there and scrub the sand methodically with your coil. If you get into an area where you are pulling lead weights and black coins really work it over well. These areas will usually produce if you walk over them enough times. I cant wait to see your first. Make sure you take a picture to share with all of us!

Keep working at it! Whenever I find gold (which is not that often) I get the same feeling as when I found my first...be persistent and it will pay off. Dig's advice is great...if you are finding targets, make a mental note of what you are finding, how heavy it is, and where you are finding it. Also take not eof how deep you are digging to get to your targets. Put all this information toegether and you will be able to work out where you have the best chance of finding gold. Good luck.

Above is all good sound advise !!
I can't add to there posts
good luck
John

are you digging tabs and foil!???

you gotta dig foil,tabs,screwcaps on up!!!!!! small gold rings will likely be foil signal, medium gold rings will be tab/screwcap. then you just gotta be lucky enough to swing over a ring. good luck!!!!! (p.s. check out the golden oldie website.)

I remember my first gold..... it was hard as hell prying it off the finger of the old lady. She almost took me, but I won it in the end..... just kidding of course.:devil:

I am new started 1/1/10 and have been fortunate to found my first early even though I did not know it was real. I still have not found a nice gold ring but the silver and white gold seems to be coming regular. I hunt meter less tone only machine and dig everything- even Iron as new watches and some earrings come thru as this on my machine. I think the best thing that ever happened to me is a DF machine which only has one tone and no discrimination. Now I have to dig all. You will find it and when you least expect it.

Good luck