Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trying to update v 2.77 to v 2.78

I've not encountered what they're talking about AT ALL in 2.78, so I can't speak to which mode it happens in reliably.

I've seen noticeable improvements (for me) going to 2.78. It just feels more stable, less annoyingly chattery.

No loss of depth.

Pinpointer is working again.

Oddly enough, on the first 20 hours of the machine I noticed I was finding almost NO nickels. I just chocked that up to my lack of experience on this machine. After the 2.78 update they seemed like they started to float to the surface! I have no idea why that is, and could admittadly be me just getting more familiar with it.

Anyway, I guess my opinion is that 2.78 is nothing to be scared of. Also, can't wait to get my hands on those new coils!

I don't know the answer to this. Sorry, Andy.
You had one of the best metal detectors ever made. The reason it chattered is because it was a hot rod with a bad ass cam. You made it a Volkswagen beetle. No going back now.

I don't think it comes close to my F75 in terms of accuracy and readout with VDIs. I also prefer the trigger pinpoint of the F75 and the tone breaks, including the 4H mode which brings in nickels as a high tone.

But I'm really trying to patiently give this a chance. I'd like to see a software release with 4 tones, or even better, variable tone breaks, but now you are talking about a higher level machine. If it's doable by software updates, maybe they could sell those updates as linked to the machine serial number. Sort of a you-can-decide if you want to pay. I wish the new coils weren't as expensive as Dilek says. Half again the cost of the whole machine. Maybe NEL will come out with some choices at a competitive price.

I also need a tall man middle shaft to get rid of the wobbles. Still waiting to find a place to order one.

I don't think it comes close to my F75 in terms of accuracy and readout with VDIs. I also prefer the trigger pinpoint of the F75 and the tone breaks, including the 4H mode which brings in nickels as a high tone.

But I'm really trying to patiently give this a chance. I'd like to see a software release with 4 tones, or even better, variable tone breaks, but now you are talking about a higher level machine. If it's doable by software updates, maybe they could sell those updates as linked to the machine serial number. Sort of a you-can-decide if you want to pay. I wish the new coils weren't as expensive as Dilek says. Half again the cost of the whole machine. Maybe NEL will come out with some choices at a competitive price.

I also need a tall man middle shaft to get rid of the wobbles. Still waiting to find a place to order one.
I'm an average height guy, and also wish the shaft wasn't so wobbly.

You should really try the Nokta Impact.

Do you really like the Simplex? really? I don't .. wonky hi -low sounds , Id not stable, The coil is way to big... no separation , the shaft wobbles like Gumby , but I bought one and now I can call it what it is. However I am willing to try one of the smaller coils just to see if all of the bad traits are because of the 11" coil, right now from using both, my Quest x-10 is a better machine... depth and stability, neither machine come anywhere near the performance of any of my Golden Mask machines. 4wd ,1+dual tone, One 15 khz .If the Simplex was my first machine I would most likely be knitting as a hobby. Thought I would throw this in also, every Tesoro "U-MAX" ever made is a better machine than a Simplex (Finding coins relics),unless u dunk one in water.. lol.. Good Luck
I think the lower rod needs to be made out of more ridged material the slinky wobble gets old after a while. Maybe someone like Plugger will make a after market rod asm?

We're way off topic now, but just to say, I've still not found a US source for the new longer middle shaft. Anyone else?

Do you really like the Simplex? really? I don't .. wonky hi -low sounds , Id not stable, The coil is way to big... no separation , the shaft wobbles like Gumby , but I bought one and now I can call it what it is. However I am willing to try one of the smaller coils just to see if all of the bad traits are because of the 11" coil, right now from using both, my Quest x-10 is a better machine... depth and stability, neither machine come anywhere near the performance of any of my Golden Mask machines. 4wd ,1+dual tone, One 15 khz .If the Simplex was my first machine I would most likely be knitting as a hobby. Thought I would throw this in also, every Tesoro "U-MAX" ever made is a better machine than a Simplex (Finding coins relics),unless u dunk one in water.. lol.. Good Luck
Still looking at the Simplex, and haven't used one yet so the jury is still out for me, but I am intrigued. As far as Tesoro is concerned, you are 110% correct.