Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tune up time for my Exp II?

Hi all...

I am tempted to send my Exp II to Minelab for a tune up since it seems to be acting a bit erratic lately. The age of the machine is something I can only guess at since I bought it second hand on Ebay but I reckon it was bought new sometime in 2003/2004 (is there any way of telling the date of manufacture?).

Anyway, I was wondering is this erratic-ness a good reason to send it to Minelab for servicing? What can and will be done? Personal experiences in getting a tune up done(esp here in Australia)? Do I need to send whole setup (control box/coil...I use primarily a 15" WOT coil on it)? They have given a quote for servicing awhile back but can't find it right off.

thanks in advance for your help...

Keith :ausflag:

Hello Kieth, if you send you Explorer II in for a check up they will need the control box, and coil...

Do you experience the same erratic behavior with both coils ???

If you ring Minelab and give them your serial number they should be able to give you some idea when it was built.

Ring 1800 637786