Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tungsten Ring

daddyflea

Went out with my Neighbor today to search for his Son's lost Tungsten wedding Ring. He asked to borrow my Metal Detector and was just a little disappointed when I told him that my V3i was too complicated and I just did not think he would be able to find it with mine. I sent him to a friend that has a Tesoro Silver and he searched for two days with no luck. Was really not sure where it might hit so in effect I set my machine to pick up anything between +8 and +92. I picked up two pennies while walking to the spot where he was sure it was lost. He was impressed because this was hauled in fill dirt and he had missed these as well. I searched the place and eventually told him, "I don't think it is here." Then he said the only other place it could be is in my Garden. He had searched the Garden as well. We went to the Garden and in about 10 Minutes I found it. It was a large Men's Tungsten Wedding Band and it hit at 51 on the V3i. I normally Notch out from +23 to +51 so my self made Coin program would not have found it.

By the way my V3i is now set on standby mode for fishing season. The Sand bass are running.

Got to love the v3i. I'm sure your friend does as well. Good job.

Interesting. That is around the same Vdi reading for a 5$ gold piece.
Good detecting.

Explorer said:
Interesting. That is around the same Vdi reading for a 5$ gold piece.
Good detecting.

I guess it could be argued that I need to accept more than just +52.