Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tuning Question

HuntinDog

I think I saw mention of this in posts about Andy's Bootcamp.

I think I'm getting the idea of how settings effect how the Deus performs, but Is there a certain order to program the Deus for maximum performance??

I wouldn't say there's an order to it But most people just go down the list as it comes on the menu.If there is an "order" to it it would be that some of the settings do affect each other and you want to know how that works. Read the manual read Andy's book. Read it not just buy it. Read it again if you don't "get" a section. Go to YouTube and watch the 10 videos from Gary's detecting. You will be in good shape after that and then will be able to adjust on the "fly" for your locations and hunting style. Build some programs mentioned in the book and videos in your empty slots and then tweak them as you learn more. Hunt the stock programs until you "get it" there's no sense changing things if you don't know what your doing.

I use TX power of three if not hunting in heavy iron and under ten on the disc and -1 on the silencer and notch out 97-99 and I seem to get tired of digging some deep holes

No certain order, you can adjust settings in any order you wish. You can even for example go to basic 1 program and adjust it the way you want to hunt. One problem. Turn your Deus off and the settings are gone. So better to put your settings in, then save (name). Then when you go detect you can select a named program, then you'll probably only have to adjust a few settings depending on the site.
Here's the setting to watch SILENCER. Why because it does have a lot to do with the depth capabilities of Deus. And when you adjust reactivity, depending on the reactivity setting you choose, the silencer setting will change itself, with you not knowing.

I always have my silencer on -1 but do change the reactivity so for hi iron I use a reactivity of 3 and turn down my sens to about 80-85 so I have two programs one for hi iron one for low and on low I sitll use silencer on -1 but turn my reactivity down to 1 for more depth and I leave my TX power on 3...hi reactivity faster swing
lo reactivity slower swing...I dig a lot of deep targets and sometimes they are so small it just blows me away...Hold you machine in the air when you turn it on and keep the headphones off till you are set up...And GB is so important on that machine can make or break a hunt

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
...hi reactivity faster swing
lo reactivity slower swing...

I have seen just the opposite advice several time--- to swing slower with higher reactivity?

Okay, for reactivity settings 0,1 slow sweep, if trashy even slower
setting of 2 is probably the reactivity setting that's the most forgiving-does give up a little depth vs 0 or 1, sweep speed can be brisk in cleaner ground, trashy slow it down some
Settings of 3 and 4, again more depth loss- sweep speed can be fast, remember with this reactivity setting and fast sweep speed, tone can be shorter to chopped, also in heavy iron/nails go slow, actually would be almost impossible to go too slow, but very easy to go fast-and an even with a real slow sweep, tone can be short to a blip; especially in reactivity 4. Reactivity 5=I've never used, don't know if it's even practical or necessary, reactivity 4 is real fast.

No it's lower slower faster higher that is how I hunt and what I have read but to each his or her own..main thing is go hunting

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
No it's lower slower faster higher that is how I hunt and what I have read but to each his or her own..main thing is go hunting

Correct

Think about it
What would be the point of Faster Reactivity be if you were going to swing slowly.You speed up the Reactivity when your in places with lots of targets and swing normally. 1,2 and 3 are your normal settings for this.Mostly 2. When you get in the bad iron you up your reactivity to pick thru the iron for the good targets sitting right next to the nails.You will loose some depth with the higher settings but you will hear the targets within range. The point is to adjust to the site your on. Then put it back to "Your" normal setting afterwards.

Read the books this is covered everywhere

Thank you guys for all the responses.
I think I have been setting up my Deus correctly,
but had remembered that I had read on one of Andy's promos for Bootcamp that there was an order for best performance.
I turn on in the air away from power lines and metal, select program, ground balance and if I need to adjust anything then do that.
I just wasn't sure about any order of the adjusting.
Sensitivity first than Reactivity, TX Power, Silencer, Audio Response and Discrimination. as an example.
That sort of thing.
I usually just adjust what I think will help where I'm hunting and don't worry about order.
This has been just a question that has been bouncing around in my head.

Thanks,
HH