Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Turn and go detector suggestions

nam1969

Looking for a detector turn it on and lets go. needs to have depth and numerical value .. price range is $ 300-500 . will use for coin and relic hunting thanks Semper Fi

I'd try to get a used MXT.
To me the best all around turn on and go machine in the market,
covered by best service one can get.
IMHO

Regards

White's M6. Same as the MXT but without the Prospecting mode. It also has tome ID that the MXT doesn't have. You have to move up to the MXT Pro to get tone ID. The M6 is turn on and go simple and is an excellent coin and Jewelry detector.

Most definitely m6 if strictly want a simple turn on and go, slightly more than turn on and go, mx5 I have both and tend to grab the 5. Semper fi, one shot.....

M6 does fit all those requirements and its a pretty good detector heaps of coil options only minus for me is no back light.

AJ

Any good modern keypad target ID machine that will store your previous settings in memory.
Or a good modern target ID knob and switches machine you can leave set.

Tom Slick said:
White's M6. Same as the MXT but without the Prospecting mode. It also has tome ID that the MXT doesn't have. You have to move up to the MXT Pro to get tone ID. The M6 is turn on and go simple and is an excellent coin and Jewelry detector.

You never used one, did you?:bouncy:

Not sure if your remark was focused on my typo or the fact that you consider two tones as tone ID. Even White's doesn't call the two tones of the MXT "Tone ID". I've had and used numerous MXT's, MXT Pros, and M6's.

Hi Nam1969,
This is kind of a no-brainer right now. You can get a brand new T2 Classic for $499 or a brand new F75 STD for $500.

If anyone of those fit into your budget its a waste of time to look at anything else.

HH
Mike

Tom Slick said:
Not sure if your remark was focused on my typo or the fact that you consider two tones as tone ID. Even White's doesn't call the two tones of the MXT "Tone ID". I've had and used numerous MXT's, MXT Pros, and M6's.

Oh, that's my fault. May be reading isn't my thing at all.
7-tone ID, 2-tone ID, TONE ID - so where's the border...?
From what I "see" in the manual on that so called page "15" are the "words" "Two Tone ID".
But what do I know.

Sorry for putting my mustard to this thread.

Oh, I see, you've been a whites dealer, and now you aren't anymore?
What happened?

Regards

@ admin / mod - pleaze feel free to delete/erase/vaporize the nonsense I wrote. Time's over......:wiggle::bouncy:

DETAILS

The MXT All Pro is a slightly more modern take on the legendary performance and simplicity of the MXT line. The all-new keypad, high-efficiency backlight, Tone ID, and Ground Grab settings lock are just some of the responses to customer feedback on one of the most popular metal detectors of all time. The 10″ DD comes standard, and is well-suited to all-around hunting and highly mineralized ground.

Cut and pasted from the White's Website

Teknetics Eurotek Pro. $300.00 free shipping new with 5 year warranty. Best detector new for the money. Depth meter, 3 tones and the ability to cut the iron audio down or completely off. Have put it up against several machines that cost of twice as it does and came out smelling like a rose. Go try one.

Any of the Teknetics suggested, depending on what you want to spend, if you're buying new.

Tesoro Cibola if you can live without bells and whistles will do as well as any for your intended uses, imo. Felt like I had to suggest this one.

If you feel okay with a used detector that can do well for what you're looking to do - there was a recently posted used Teknetics G2+ in the $400 range, I believe.
It would be one you could turn on and go, but, also you could grow into it as you learn more.

For turn on and go machines in this price range, I would look at the:

Fisher F2
Garrett ACE 300 or 400
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger
Whites Coinmaster Pro

I've had lots of success with Whites machines, but have used all kinds.

Happy Hunting!