Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Turn Detector On - Sweep Coil - Dig High Tones

RD3D

Once again my CZ-3D amazes me! NASA Tom should win some type of award for inventing the 3D!!! I detected an old church park area which was hit by plenty of detectorists over many many years. All were deep high tone signals and very closely co-located to iron/trash. I used the standard 8" coil and will go back to the site with the 5". Not shown in the pictures are 1918s, 1919 & 1952D wheat pennies and a 1852 Large Cent.

RD3D

You're right. The 3D is a simple but powerful machine. That's why I am glad it was my 1st high-end machine. I won't part with it.

Now, lets see a pic of that Large Cent too. I've only found 1 of them and it's very high on my list of favorite finds.

All I've ever heard is to soak it in olive oil. Might take weeks to work, but it the gentlest method. If you plan on selling, maybe as-found is best.

-Ed

Just about anything beyond a toothbrush, water and soap will tear it up. Soaking in lemon juice will make it pink, more visible but pink. Boiling in peroxide will make it black. Boiling in peroxide and scrubbing with a brass bristle brush will knock the pits out and make it look rough but shiny. Obviously I've tried all of these. I tried them on IHs. Mostly I just do toothbrush, water and gel toothpaste. Baking soda on a wet toothbrush might do Ok. Good luck with whatever you try.