Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two beach hunts on Sat nets two silver.

My buddy Lee called and wanted to go beach detecting last Sat, so we went to the first one with not much success. Got some clad and finally dug up a ugly looking 42 quarter. The salt water, sand and rocks does a number on the silver for sure. Lee was getting frustrated not finding anything and wanted to hit this other beach where he usually finds at least one silver coin almost every time he hunts this beach. The tide was way out so we hit the low beach first detecting around the old pilings from an old dock from years ago. Not my cup of tea detecting the beaches around here as most are very rocky and really hard on the feet to walk on not to mention the slippery seaweed that's almost like a ice rink. We both got some clad and Lee did get a well worn silver ring, but the silver was evading both of us. We both started working the higher shoreline and I got this sweet sound. My first thought was a clad quarter and even after I dug my target and looking at the backside I was thinking what Washington state quarter is this. I turned her over and saw the lady and she turned out to be a 1910 Barber.:clapping: I ran over and showed her to Lee and he said nice going. The back side is not as nice as the front, but still a nice find. Sure is a difference between the 42 quarter and the Barber, but no matter the condition I'll take two silvers any day and just being with my buddy Lee is what makes this hobby so much fun. Thanks for looking and HH to everyone.

Eddie

nice going - the barber is in very nice shape. Congrats.

way to go eddie

You are having a great season Eddie .. congrats !! :clap:

n/t