Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two bucket listers in one day!

Explorer.se

Howdy I had a great outing and found my first V Nickel and a token to boot! The nickel was about three inches down goes to show that old coins don’t have to necessarily have to be deep. I can read a 6 as the last digit on the coin making it my very first coin from the 1800’s! I also found a Barber dime of which I cannot discern the date yet. But the token is my first and I can read 10 on it. Don’t know if it’s 10 cents or 10 dollars nonetheless I’m happy with my funds ( early Xmas gift to myself) I also found this button. Don’t know if it is military

Any advice on how to clean these coins and token and button would be appreciative

Can’t wait to get back out there again!

HH

Nice finds they made the V’ s up till 1912 it could be a 1906 well up to 1913 but you will never find one of those...

Sooper Dave said:
Hey Congrats on some very nice first! I enjoy finding tokens as much as coins if not more! Keep it up!

Thanks Sooper Dave, at first I did not know what it was until I got home. I love this hobby!

Congratulations on 2 FIRSTS in one day, Explorer.se! Your token looks like it is copper or bronze - try soaking it in virgin olive oil for a week or 2 and then use a soft tooth brush on it.

That's really exciting to dig 2 "firsts" in one day! Way to go! Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Blind Squirrel said:
Congratulations on 2 FIRSTS in one day, Explorer.se! Your token looks like it is copper or bronze - try soaking it in virgin olive oil for a week or 2 and then use a soft tooth brush on it.

That's really exciting to dig 2 "firsts" in one day! Way to go! Best of luck and ...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Hi Blind Squirrel thank you so much! I will take yours and Roys advice and place it in olive oil - then Ill show you guys the picture afterwards! Happy New Years to ya!