Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two cent piece #4 and other finds from this morning.

Ed (Upstate NY)

Can two cent lightning strike again ? It sure can ! Back to the spot where I dug the 3 two cent pieces yesterday to see if I left any good targets behind. First good target was a crusty Indian head cent. Next I dug a nice old flat button. Followed that up with a school bus token. Then I got an iffy, deep target. Dug down and was rewarded with my first silver find of the year, a 1897 Barber dime that had a small iron nail in the hole with it. Dug another school bus token and then a lead hem weight, My batteries were dying but I was able to dig a nice 1865 Indian head cent before I got the low battery alert. Was going to call it a day but decided to switch out the battery pack and give it a few more minutes. Glad I did, my final dig was yet another 1864 two cent piece. This time I marked the depth on my shovel and it was 11" deep. I never dug more than 2 two cent pieces in a year so to dig four in two days was simply amazing.

Ed, that’s incredible, congratulations!

Go back and try another setting, if you use ferrous try conductive.
Oh and go real slow too.

Tony NJ