Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Days in a Row That I Can Get Out

Neita SC

Hello again. What a beautiful day. Temps in the 50. Sorry to brag, but hopefully the pics heal. Also wearing thin longjohns today. Hot as heck when the sun came out, got a cold chill when the clouds prevailed. Crazy weather everywhere.
Rounded up $3.65 in clad.
Found a cool little Cub Scout Pin like thing, approx 3 inches down. 50s TID.
Also found another "peace" related ornament, this time a ring. No silver, just costume. 61 TID
oh yeah,,,,more tabs and foil and other stuff people need to learn to throw in to a trash can.
F5 settings of 65, 5 and 8 discrim

some more nice finds Neita , The Cub Scout thingy looks like a bookmark and the BSC at bottom may be Boy Scouts of Canada that was only ref. i could find for the 2 on the net . And a real ace bandage clip this time . any luck figuring out what the others (ones off soccer field) were yet ?

Congrats to you for your finds and being able to get out and go hunting .

Hello, I also live in S.C. south of Green ville and purchased a F70 pretty reasonable on E Bay. I am a retired family man who loves to do different things along life. Don't know anything yet concerning the art of hunting treasure but plan to learn. There is no one detecting in the town I live so will have it all to myself. Figure I can make a Predator type digging tool from a old car leaf spring, some 1/2" pipe and a bicycle handle bar grip. Have a Army entrenching tool. I hope there are no dumb questions in this group. Weather is for the most part fine in the south.

Must be nice,Neita SC, and yes the pics do some healing!! Still in the single digits here,keep up the good posts! hh rick in mi.

Donnie, Thanks for figuring out it's a bookmark. I kept looking at it and knowing it was a familiar "clip", but my brain couldn't figure out what it was for. Thought it went on their uniform somehow. If u click on that Boy scout photo it should expand. It be a BSA.
And no luck on the little metal doodas. Found 5 of them the other day; all of which were top finds or at the base of the taller grass.

Welcome JayByrd. We are lucky to live in a state that isn't iced or snowed in. Although we have had some unusual weather lately.

Sorry , guess my brain was numb at 6 am or whatever time i made that post , been sucking down NyQuil all night . BSA would be Boy Scouts of America then , have a nephew in the scouts .

man , i really hate being sick and having a new toy that i cant even play with around the house . Dont even feel like going outside to smoke , so i just crack the screen door open . wife hates it . The temp outside now isnt too cold that i couldnt get out , i just dont feel like it . Dog thinks it is nice enough , she wants to stay out hours at a time . The closer to summer , the longer she likes to stay outside .

again Neita , glad to hear you are enjoying yourself .

And Welcome to the forums and hobby JayByrd ...